FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Program to clone Eve Window Postions...

Moderator: MiRai

<<

PsyberTech

Post Thu Oct 03, 2013 6:16 pm

Program to clone Eve Window Postions...

Earlier this year I was using a program that allowed me to clone my EvE Window Positions across all my accounts. For the life of me, I can not find it any longer. Anyone remember the name of the program or where I can get a copy of it again? It has a strange name and digging through my downloaded files over the last two years has not been fruitful.
<<

zulluff

Post Fri Oct 04, 2013 1:38 am

Re: Program to clone Eve Window Postions...

Did you find it yet?
<<

PsyberTech

Post Fri Oct 04, 2013 1:56 am

No... Not yet. I have been digging through all my hard drives. It was a great program. I could update all 22 accounts in just seconds, revert them, and change them again at the touch of a button instantly. :(

Not finding here has made me wonder what happened to it. Even my old post thanking the person for the link to it is gone.
<<

DanISBoxes

Post Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:36 pm

If you cannot find the program that does this, you can always do it manually.

Use a notepad document or spreadsheet to organize the core_user and core_ char ID's and reference them when duplicating settings.

By default under windows vista/7/8 the folder with your settings is under C:\users\%username%\appdata\local\ccp\EVE\ and then a subfolder related to your install directory location and which server it’s corresponded to (tranquility, singularity, etc.)

Finding core_x data can be done through the account management page of EVEMon if you use this program, otherwise a command can be entered to get it to appear in game...

OR

You can cut/move/delete the files under the "settings" folder under the above address ^ and login to each account/character one at a time. Copy down the core_user and core_char numbers as they appear into your spreadsheet until you have them all recorded.

Then choose a character and account that will be the "master" and setup your GUI/chats/overview/graphics/sound/hotkeys/etc. as you want all the chars to have them. Make as many duplicates of this "master" accounts core_user and core_char that you need (if you have 9 other accounts make 9 duplicates of each) and rename each core_user_xxx/core_char_xxxx copy to the core_user/core_char numbers of your other 9 chars.

Id link a guide with pictures but I don't know the policy for offsite links. Just google it, there's a few. If you already knew about the above, sorry I couldn't help further.
<<

PsyberTech

Post Sun Oct 06, 2013 11:31 pm

Thank you for the detailed reply. I have done in manually, but still wish I can find the program I had used earlier this year. Had I known that it would vanish like this and that no one would know about it later, I would have moved it to one of my share servers for everyone to grab. It was a sweet program. I hope it is not lost forever.
<<

Beijer

Post Sat Oct 12, 2013 4:43 am

I also once had the program but can't find it.
I have read though that since Odessy ccp added the option to force all your characters and accounts to read from the same core_user and core_char
but i can't find it.
<<

PsyberTech

Post Mon Oct 14, 2013 5:06 pm

Yep, it is or was out there. Like I said, I used it a lot for a few months. Someone must know who made it and where it went. :) Someday we will find it again.
<<

RyanMC98

Post Fri Oct 18, 2013 9:20 pm

Its Goon Profiler or GarpaUI.exe. I've attached it and would not mine without it.
Attachments
GarpaUI.zip
(38.46 KiB) Downloaded 4643 times
<<

Tronnic

Post Sat Mar 22, 2014 7:40 pm

I have to bump this post!
Still works like a charm. Also scanned it for viruses, but it's clear.

Just select your main character from dropdown, hit the button and you're good. Works perfectly and saved me work!
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sun Mar 23, 2014 7:34 am

Stickied for you guys that want to find it later ;)
Next

Return to EVE Online