FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

game launch and window swap extremely slow

Moderator: MiRai

<<

nezroy

Post Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:04 pm

game launch and window swap extremely slow

I've been using isboxer for a few weeks now with 3 EVE clients and my game launching and window swapping has always been extremely fast. Usually within 15 seconds all 3 clients have started up and instant window swapping has been, well, instant.

Starting today however it has suddenly become extremely slow. It's taking almost a minute for each client to launch now and the instant window swapping is very laggy (several seconds). I also noticed it prompted me for my username/login for the first time in a long while so I tried re-exporting my settings, etc. but that didn't help. Nothing in my configuration or on my system has changed at all recently. This is with 1.11 build 5751.

There's no apparent resource bottleneck during any of this. CPU, GPU, disk i/o, and mem usage is all very low during the launching process and isn't any higher than it's been in the past once up and running. Nothing to explain why the instant window swapping is suddenly so laggy.

Nothing has changed to prompt any of this either. I haven't installed anything new or made any changes to my isboxer configuration.
<<

nezroy

Post Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:32 pm

Re: game launch and window swap extremely slow

Hmm... I tried disabling Windows Defender's "Real-time Protection" and that may have cleared up the issue. I'll have to poke at it some more to see if that's really the culprit, though. Weird since I've had Windows Defender's real-time protection turned on for the entire time that isboxer was working normally, but perhaps a recent definition update is causing issues.

Return to EVE Online