FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Help with Cursor Feeds

Moderator: MiRai

<<

SDCIN

Post Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:53 am

Help with Cursor Feeds

Hi all,

I've been using ISboxer for about 7 months now and it's a life saver! However, I've only really ever used it to manage, scale, and swap the client windows around (basic setup). I found some friends in Eve that explained to me the vast plethora of options I could be using to make my EvE life even better.

I found this article in the forums: http://isboxer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1226

I would absolutely LOVE to get this working, however I'm at a loss as to how to do this. I've recently learned how to use VideoFX and DXnothing. What I need help with is getting the feed to follow the cursor for whichever client's hotkey I press (ctr + 1, ctr + 2, etc) while keeping my main toon's window in place. I'm sure this is a question many of you will role your eyes at but I would greatly appreciate the help. I have tried to find (for a few days now) any info on this. I think the trouble with my search is I don't know the proper terms to search for and "Cursor Feed" doesn't seem to bring up anything.

Thanks everyone!
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:12 am

Re: Help with Cursor Feeds

I will say that the cursor-based feed is not extremely popular. The cursor feed is just a view from the other window(s) of where the cursor is, centered on your cursor in the current window. If you're broadcasting to more than one window at a time, they will all fight to be the source and you will observe random changes between them as you move the mouse around. Therefore, usually you would only want this if you're intending to control a single other window, without moving the mouse out of where it would normally be in your main window.

EVE players typically use straight Video FX with the Repeater pass-through enabled, and Mouse Broadcasting.

With that said, the trick to this feature is that it's built into Repeater and it's enabled in your Repeater broadcasting toggle. To start learning about this, do the following..
1. In the top left pane under Key Maps, select "Always On" (for WoW players this one is called Control)
2. In the bottom left pane under Mapped Keys, expand "Activate Repeat" (which defaults to Shift+Alt+R) so that under it you see Steps, 1 and 2
3. Click on the 1 under Steps, so that on the right you will now see Actions, and the list of what this Step does
4. In the bottom right pane, under Actions, click the second one down that says "Repeater mouse On keyboard On -> self" so that to the right of that, you now see options including "Cursor-based Video FX"

To properly use this feature, you could do this for each game window...
1. Make a copy of Activate Repeat (right click it and select Make Copy)
2. Change the name of the copy
3. Change the Hotkey to activate it (e.g. to ctrl+1, ctrl+2, ctrl+3, etc)
4. Change the FIRST action in Step 1, to have a different "New Repeater Target" (e.g. to go specifically to window 1, window 2, window 3, etc)
5. Change the SECOND action in Step 1, to enable Cursor-based Video FX (and set specific options, like the size, as desired)
6. Change the SECOND action in Step 2, to disable the Cursor-based Video FX again
<<

SDCIN

Post Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:34 am

Re: Help with Cursor Feeds

Lax,

Thanks for the super quick reply. I understand this is not the ideal setup for broadcasting to multiple clients at once, but that is why i wanted this. I intend to use this setup for mining and need an efficient means to control individual clients without having to change to that clients window. With ore mining in eve, it's practically impossible to have all the miners doing the exact same thing at the exact same time while all targeting different asteroids. And I run 7 accounts 0.o so being able to control 1 client at a time from my main toon will keep me from constantly swapping between windows like I do now.

I'll test out the steps you outlined as soon as I can.

Again, thanks for the help!

Return to EVE Online