FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Isboxer Dev Version alters game files

Moderator: MiRai

<<

sothis

Post Fri Jul 30, 2021 4:49 pm

Isboxer Dev Version alters game files

Hello,

since a week or so i started having trouble with the isboxer dev version while trying to play eve online.

when i start the isboxer launcher with dev version installed, it seems like before the launcher started up fully, it is altering files in the eve installation direction. the launcher starts up fully but it doesnt launch any clients. i made a screenshot of the error message that pops up when i try to start a client.
I was looking at the files in the directory that the error message showed and there are files being deleted it seems. when i start up the normal gamelauncher, the launcher replaces the removed files and the gameclient is launchable once again.
It is very annoying, the live version doesnt start up like most of the time and now the dev version stopped working too...

Anyone else having similar trouble?

best regards
Attachments
Unbenannt.png
Unbenannt.png (14.81 KiB) Viewed 7857 times
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Fri Jul 30, 2021 5:37 pm

Re: Isboxer Dev Version alters game files

Indeed some people are.

The deleting of the files is actually CCP's Launcher. For some reason it is deciding to delete all files and replace from it's download cache, but the second phase fails.

We're not currently sure why the launcher decides to do the delete, or why it then fails to refresh from cache.

What we have noted is that for most it takes a few attempts of launching and the files get replaced properly, and then it doesn't do it again.

The Dev build of Innerspace is required for the CCP launcher to display properly.
<<

sothis

Post Sat Jul 31, 2021 1:42 am

Re: Isboxer Dev Version alters game files

Well if the launcher starts normally without dev mode, it is not altering files.
The trouble part is, that it takes like 50-100 attempts to start the launcher up without dev mode.
When i do a reinstall of isboxer, sometimes the dev mode doesnt alter files for the first time i start it up but i has been becoming less reliable over the past week, i cant get dev version to work at all right now.

Return to EVE Online