FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Launcher doesn't open over Isboxer

Moderator: MiRai

<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Thu Feb 18, 2021 10:59 am

Re: Launcher doesn't open over Isboxer

The workaround is purely a workaround to the launcher. Once the game loads it should be the same as before.

If you are having FPS problems, that is a different issue, and should be treated as such.
<<

IDKMyBffJill

Post Thu Feb 18, 2021 6:04 pm

Is there something being worked on so that ISBoxer/Inner Space will load every time or more than 1 in like 20 ingame for the dev version?
<<

bob

Post Thu Feb 18, 2021 7:03 pm

Not really.

The issue we are aware of is that there does appear to be an issue with the launcher settings not being read/saved correctly (although this is actually the remit of the launcher, rather than InnerSpace, but something is not quite right with it for some reason), which it potentially having a flow on effect to some peoples game settings files/folders.

If there is some other launching issue, I suspect it is a different issue, and should be treated as such.
<<

IDKMyBffJill

Post Thu Feb 18, 2021 8:30 pm

bob wrote:Not really.

The issue we are aware of is that there does appear to be an issue with the launcher settings not being read/saved correctly (although this is actually the remit of the launcher, rather than InnerSpace, but something is not quite right with it for some reason), which it potentially having a flow on effect to some peoples game settings files/folders.

If there is some other launching issue, I suspect it is a different issue, and should be treated as such.

Well I, and others, are having an issue where when the game launches it has no recognition of ISBoxer Control Panel settings or work. I press alt ctrl shift G to open the ISBoxer Control Panel and nothing happens in the game window. I have my DXNothing simultaneously running and I can pull up my Alt Ctrl Shift G ISBoxer Control Panel and see all of my video FX that I have created and can verify that they are still there. So it is having an issue actually putting ISBoxer/InnerSpace onto the game client.
<<

bob

Post Thu Feb 18, 2021 9:07 pm

Are you running the dev build of InnerSpace, build 6784 ? If not, viewtopic.php?p=50484#p50484

If you are, then the only known issue at the moment is the one I outlined, and your problem is a new one.

Although some people on Discord have reported something similar to you, it turns out that they were launching the game normally and then applying their character set. This is not going to work. You will need to launch correctly, from the InnerSpace menu. Right click, select ISBoxer Character Sets, name of the team.
<<

base1

Post Wed May 19, 2021 5:24 am

As today, nothing works.
Previous weeks, i go into taskmanager and kill alot processes, at the end, sometimes the launcher works.
so 2 days ago, perferct, 3 days ago perfect, 4 days ago some difficulties etc etc. Always some hickups.
But its not the day now.
<<

UweD

Post Sat Jul 03, 2021 12:49 am

Hi Devs,

Any news or actions on this one?
I'm now using the workaround and beta for months.
And it's still not what I expect, e.g. having startup problems for my character set, i.e. need to start the EVE-launcher twice due to (supposedly) the latest launcher update. Having crashes some times, having the low resolution EVE-launcher where I'm not able to (persistently) change any settings.
In general, I'm expecting to use EVE/ISBoxer as usual and not on a workaround basis.
It's a great piece of Software, but please get this finally fixed and also migrate it to the main branch, i.e. a released version.

Best regards,
Uwe
Previous

Return to EVE Online