FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Aion F2P

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Shinjo

Post Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:15 pm

Aion F2P

Hi,

I'm new to this and with Aion going F2P I thought I would give this a shot, however I seem to be having some problems starting the game up.

From what I am aware, I have set up Inner Space correctly:
Filename: aion.bin
Parameters: -ip:79.110.83.80 -port:2106 -cc:2 -noauthgg -lang:enu
Path: blah blah

However when I try and launch the game, I get the loading "AION" screen and nothing else happens after this. Have I made a mistake anywhere?

Thanks for the help if anyone still plays the game.
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:51 am

Re: Aion F2P

The EU F2P version of Aion requires these parameters:

Code:
-ip:79.110.83.80 -port:2106

A few things to note:

- Don't use Aion.bin from the bin64
    - Launching the game in Windowed or Full Screen Windowed will give you a laggy cursor in the slave window
    - Launching the game in Full Screen mode will not have a laggy cursor but, you can't actually see the cursor in the slave window

EDIT: You're right, though. I just re-tested this and neither the dev build (5541) nor the stable build (5521) of Inner Space are able to launch the EU F2P or the NA version of Aion. This is something that Lax will probably have to look into.

EDIT2: Updated information in this post.
EDIT3: Removed unnecessary parameters.
Last edited by MiRai on Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:26 am, edited 2 times in total.
<<

Shinjo

Post Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:23 am

Thanks for looking into this for me :)
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sat Mar 10, 2012 8:08 pm

Fixed! Build 5544 of Inner Space restores Aion support. 5544 is currently (as of now) the development build of Inner Space. To try it out, right click IS and select Patcher, check "Download development (test) patches" then close and restart Inner Space to let it patch up.
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Sat Mar 10, 2012 9:44 pm

Both US Retail and EU F2P are launching for me once again. I have no active accounts so I cannot test past that.
<<

Shinjo

Post Sun Mar 11, 2012 4:54 pm

I've managed to get it launching now, and I can log in. However once I'm in I seem to be getting fps caps of around 2 ~ 5fps. mouse is fine now I changed to fullscreen mode. but typing and everything seems to be really slow.

Also for some reason my mouse movement seems to completely stop untill I move the mouse scroll that seems to reset it back to the center.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sun Mar 11, 2012 5:24 pm

Shinjo wrote:I've managed to get it launching now, and I can log in. However once I'm in I seem to be getting fps caps of around 2 ~ 5fps. mouse is fine now I changed to fullscreen mode. but typing and everything seems to be really slow.

Also for some reason my mouse movement seems to completely stop untill I move the mouse scroll that seems to reset it back to the center.

Did you try setting the game itself to full screen mode instead of windowed mode? MiRai indicated that might help
<<

Shinjo

Post Sun Mar 11, 2012 11:09 pm

Yea, I've set the game in full screen mode, however for some reason it just doesn't like it.

I've tried messing around with the settings all I could in the 50 mins I had before I had to leave, however I'll try more in the morning.

So far I've tried turning off stuff like cpu support, fps adjustments, screen placements. I can't think of anything that should be creating this type of problem.
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:02 am

Everything seems to be perfectly fine for me over here using the default Wizard settings for everything. No apparent lag after logging in two accounts using Aion's auto-detect video setting options which includes AA x2 on all five windows (2 in game and 3 at the login screen).

http://i.imgur.com/ZzgTP.jpg

My GTX 580 is at ~1.3GB VRAM with x2 AA and ~1.0GB VRAM without it sitting at a comfortable 40 - 50% GPU usage. Again, that's with only 2 windows actually rendering anything.

If you're trying to move the slave window cameras around with mouse repeater that doesn't seem to work too well but, cursor positioning and clicking seem to work no problem.

I'm going to create 3 more accounts right now and see.

EDIT: It would seem that using the "High Quality" graphics engine pushes 2 windows to full load on my GPU and results in ~25 FPS on the character selection screen. Only after I drop down to a single client does my GPU finally decreases to 70% load. If you're using that "High Quality" setting for playing in game, I would suspect that's the culprit of FPS loss.
<<

Shinjo

Post Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:39 am

Fixed completely.

It was steam creating the huge problems for me. Must have been because I had the overlay on.

My stupid mistake, thanks for all the help
Next

Return to Aion