FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Having trouble with assist/follow

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Jeoakes44

Post Sat Aug 01, 2015 10:13 am

Having trouble with assist/follow

I am obviously a new user and I can say that I am having difficulties even having watched the videos posted. Firstly I am boxing 2 mages and a Bard on Bristlebane. I have this set up

Slot 1 Melodyz - Bard
Slot 2 Byzaro - Mage
Slot 3 Tryze - Mage

Now by watching the video Alge posted with Mirae I was able to figure out how to make it work finally. I can get each character to assist or follow each other successfully. The trouble I am having now is adding in Mercenaries. I am having a lot of trouble getting this to work because now its

Slot 1 Melodyz - bard
Slot 2 Merc - Tank
Slot 3 Byzaro - Mage
Slot 4 Merc - Healer
Slot 5 Tryze - Mage
Slot 6 Merc - DPS Caster

Right now my thought is that I need to add 3 more variable key strokes per character for target slot 4,5,6 to add the mercs in slot 2 4 and 6 under Team which I tried but ultimately ended up in failure. maybe I am setting it up wrong.

I would like to make the mercenary set up my primary set up.

Can anyone please help me out with how to make this work with auto follow and /assist because as of right now its set up for just my 3 characters, trial and error is entirely error. I am feeling pretty dumb because I cant seem to wrap my head around something that is probably simple.
Attachments
Team bristle.xml
(120.88 KiB) Downloaded 885 times
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sat Aug 01, 2015 1:29 pm

Re: Having trouble with assist/follow

So, from what I can tell, you press F11, and it should do Follow.

It does this by first sending F1 or F2 as appropriate (you have grouped up in game right?)
And then sending..... nothing.

So the second keybind is not configured in ISBoxer.
In the top left pane, select Variable Keystrokes
In the lower left pane, select Follow Target.
Set the Default Key Combination to whatever your in game keybind value is for your /Follow social.

You will also want to set the Assist Target Default Key Combination to your in game keybind for your /Assist social too.
<<

Jeoakes44

Post Sat Aug 01, 2015 4:33 pm

hmm f11 doesn't do anything except toggle my Frame per second.

my auto follow is alt F and it works without the mercs up. as soon as I unsuspend the mercs it changes up my group order as explained above and I am not sure how to make it work with the mercs up. I'm lost when it comes to the mercs changing up the group order.

I did add the keys for follow and assist like you said but it didn't change anything. It still works without the mercs and it wont work with the mercs.
<<

firescue17

Post Sat Aug 01, 2015 5:33 pm

Mercs screw up the group order since the Merc is always listed 2nd behind it's owner, regardless of the characters position in the group.

The beginner way to fix it is to always form your group in the same order, with mercs unsuspended. Map out the proper F-keys and set them in the variable keystrokes. From then on, you have to invite the same way, every time, with every merc unsuspended.

The advanced way to fix it is shown in this video.
<<

bob

Post Sat Aug 01, 2015 5:49 pm

Jeoakes44 wrote:hmm f11 doesn't do anything except toggle my Frame per second.
Sorry, my mistake, I posted to the wrong thread....
<<

Jeoakes44

Post Sat Aug 01, 2015 6:00 pm

Thank you! I wrote all the group down and put the F numbers beside them on paper and it helped me figure it out. I appreciate your help guys!
<<

morwic

Post Sat Aug 08, 2015 4:49 am

You can make a key that says "/assist group" , "/pause 5", "/follow". And you can also use /assist group for targeting mobs.

I agree that an automated "FOLLOW ME" or "ASSIST ME" that works from any character without changing anything else is a neat trick.

But I don't think I have ever encountered a situation where it was important to instantly follow or assist a random character.

It only makes sense to have boxes follow the character I am actively playing. And I'm almost always playing the character with the MA role. I must play that character to select targets for the group. If I decide we need to move, I can target myself and press "Follow".

No matter what the group makeup or ordering.

If I want to play another character to act as MA or to lead the group, I can change the assignment.

Can someone explain why the more complicated solution is really worth the bother for single-group boxing?

Return to EverQuest