FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Recent Graphical problems

Moderator: MiRai

<<

openwounds

Post Thu Oct 07, 2010 1:38 am

Recent Graphical problems

First off, Ive been playing with isboxer without any troubles for about 1.5 months. Within the last week to week and a half I have been having graphical problems and they are just getting worse. Development patches for innerspace seem to have updated a few times during these problems starting to happen. (maybe that's it?)

Problem 1= The first window loads perfectly and shows up in the correct resolution on the bottom of my screen, but then the 2nd game loads and the resolution for that window and thereafter seems sandwiched vertically (somehow loading the wrong resolution after the first window.)

Problem 2= Once I get to the Character select screen my inactive windows overlap the main window about 10% of the top of their windows. The character select screen seems to instantly make this change in resolution and causes me only to be able to select one windows until the character is fully loaded. When the character is loading in, I cannot switch to any other windows. When I do, It visually shows up on my screen but when I actually make a mouse click it instantly changes back to the Loading window until its done.

Problem 3= I cant explain how this happens at all, but at complete random 1 of my chars window/game instantly closes. Every time I load my character set to begin playing for the day, it seems to only happen to 1 character/window over and over. So i need to keep reloading that one character. This happens usually within the first 30mins of playing then its random, can be anywhere from 2hrs to 5hrs later or even 20mins after the first crash.

I'm hoping it was something changed in the innerspace patches and your working on it. I have changed nothing on my computer since I started. All i have on this computer is the OS and EQ and required programs for isboxer.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Thu Oct 07, 2010 7:23 am

Re: Recent Graphical problems

In the dev build release notes (in the patcher window):
Code:
1.11 Build TBA
- NOTE: This build is currently the DEVELOPMENT BUILD and we do expect to continue making changes before its
        release. If you have new problems, please report them and mention the version of Windows and the game
      you're playing, and go back to the live build. Thanks!

Is there a reason you need to be on the dev build right now if you've been having new problems with it that have gone unreported for a week and a half? ;)

I'll look into 1 and 2. Problem 3 doesn't sound like something I can attempt to reproduce. If it only happens to 1 character, perhaps try resetting the eqclient.ini file for that character? (eqclient-mycharacter.ini)
<<

openwounds

Post Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:10 pm

In was in the dev build all this time because I was under the impression I needed to be in order for my EQ not to crash when its loads up.

I also did not include that Im running windows 7 64bit in my earlier post.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:26 pm

IS build 5308 (dev build as of 12 hours ago or so) should correct the known issues with EQ1, please give it a shot and let me know.
<<

openwounds

Post Fri Oct 08, 2010 12:48 am

It has Definitely Fixed problem 1 and 2.

There seems to be a couple things that have happened since. Nothing making the game unplayable.

1: When you load the game and the first window pops up in the main section it looks correct. Then it gets re-sized to the smaller inactive section after a couple seconds and the window changes to Full-screen and says switch to windowed mode for better look. (not sure of the exact quote it says but you get me) Then Once i log in and get to the character select screen it changes to the correct "windowed mode setting" and everything from then on is working.

2: When i log a secondary character out and it gets to the login screen it looks fine from its inactive state on the bottom of my screen. When i click on it to bring it to my main window it seems to be a 1 in 2 chance it instantly crashes. Ill try to see if I can find out exactly what I'm doing to make the window crash.

3: This happens only on the First Character that loads up. When I make a new chat window in game and choose to filter Meele\All my game freezes up. Right when i click the ALL button it freezes the game 100% of the time only on the first game instance that was loaded by innerspace. Not sure if this is caused by Innerspace. And i know you probably don't play all these games personally so some things I say might not add up sorry.

I'm not a programmer so I'm trying to do the best I can to describe the issues. Please let me know if you need anything clarified.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Fri Oct 08, 2010 10:43 am

1. The game is set to full screen mode, and ISBoxer is forcing it into a window. You can change it in the in-game options panel to windowed mode
2. Haven't heard anyone else with this one yet, there's a related thread on the lavish forums: http://lavishsoft.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4732. It could possibly be related to the full screen mode setting, so changing that to windowed may fix this. I can try to test that later but you should switch to windowed anyway and let me know if that changes anything. I might not be able to reproduce it.
3. Weird. Not sure what would cause that, though
<<

openwounds

Post Sat Oct 09, 2010 7:21 pm

Another problem I forgot to add in first post.

When a window freezes and i have to use Task Manager to end the process. Then I reload the character set in Innerspace and the new window that opens to replace that character runs perfect but when I go to select the existing characters already running to bring their game window to the main window It turns black. The window becomes black in the insactive state and main state from here on. The character stays online and I cant still control them but i just cant see anything. Could you possible to to reproduce this.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sun Oct 10, 2010 8:57 am

I can of course try to reproduce this issue.

Have you checked for new video drivers lately?
<<

openwounds

Post Sun Oct 10, 2010 1:43 pm

OK i update my drivers (nvidia GTX 260)
Im running windows 7 64bit

The black screen on every screen happens even if i dont freeze.

I hit cntrl+alt+del and it opens task manager, then every window goes black.

PS: This also works on my 2nd comp with Windows 7 32bit and Radeon HD 5850 with updated drivers.
Also works on my Laptop with Windows 7 32bit and 200m series nvidia
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:26 am

I'll try to reproduce it, thanks for the info

Return to EverQuest