FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

ISBoxer and Single character.

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Angahran

Post Sat Sep 18, 2010 2:29 pm

ISBoxer and Single character.

I know it's a little odd trying to use ISBoxer with only one character and that may be why it's having this issue.

When I load a character set with multiple characters and I hit the Windows key I just get the start bar popping up over my EQ screen as per normal and everything is fine.
However, if I have character set with only a single character in it and hit the windows key then the screen goes black for several seconds and EQ minimizes. The same if I alt+tab, the screen goes black for several seconds.

I have a work around, I simply added a second character to the character set, log in the primary character then logout the dummy second session and everything works as expected.

One other thing I've noticed, the in game gamma slider does nothing when using ISBoxed/InnerSpace and occasionally the display is darker than normal (and no way to fix it).

Thanks in advance for any help and/or suggestions.

Ang

Edit:
Don't have the darkened screen issue with a single character.

Configuration posted here : http://pastebin.com/Jq79WyFn
<<

MissTerious

Post Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:20 pm

Re: ISBoxer and Single character.

I have this same problem with a default configuration for beta EQ, single and multiple characters. Closing ISB did not allow me control of the gamma slider. After I closed it and opened a regular everquest.exe, the gamma reset. The sliders still did not work. Will post more as I experiment.
Last edited by MissTerious on Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:35 pm

Re: ISBoxer and Single character.

MissTerious wrote:I have this same problem with a default configuration and multiple characters. Closing ISB did not allow me control of the gamma slider.

I don't actually have EQ1 on my computer so I cannot attempt to duplicate what is happening here; however, I will say that most of the time a game is required to be in Fullscreen mode in order to alter Gamma settings, otherwise the client just uses the settings that the Desktop itself uses.

If you're playing multiple characters then your games are definitely in some form of Windowed mode and they are most likely using the Gamma setting of your Desktop.

EDIT: You also necro'd a post that was over 2 years old. It's usually best to start a new thread in situations like this.

Return to EverQuest