FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Brand New to This.

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Rahvyni

Post Sat May 17, 2014 1:34 am

Brand New to This.

Hey guys, just got this software tonight, and im totally clueless lol, have never used a program to multibox before, used to alt + tabbing to multi task, and heard this was simpler, but have no idea how to use this software to its potential, maybe if someone can help me set up something so i can run my group, that would be great, like macro's for healing, casting, sending in pets, inviting to groups, talking to np'cs, looting, all the good stuff heh, im currently running this setup

War, Mage, Bard, Shaman, Cleric

any help about this stuff would be greatly appreciated.
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Sat May 17, 2014 1:46 am

Re: Brand New to This.

I don't play either of the EverQuest games, but I recommend you take a look at the Quick Start Guide if you haven't already:
http://isboxer.com/wiki/EQ1:Quick_Start_Guide

And while this video is for EQ2, it's pretty much the same thing to get started with EQ1:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hntUYfwlCn0
<<

Ualaa

Grandmaster Guidesmith

Post Sat May 17, 2014 2:57 pm

I found having a player made UI, which included identical positioning of each window to be a big help.
I went with the AYA-Cotf UI.
It has basic information, such as most any other UI, but in the lower right corner it has a grid of buttons which can all have in-game macros assigned to them.

I set up a Repeater Region over the grid, so when I move the mouse into that area it automatically broadcasts to the other windows.
There is a macro for mounting, if you're not mounted.

There are macros for 'big heal', 'medium heal' and 'fast heal', for each of my six guys along with the two pets... so 24 macros for healing.
On the Druid's screen (my healer) those 24 macros are essentially... target character... cast slot # (which is the relevant heal).
On everyone else those are dummy macros, which do nothing but are still named appropriately, so I can see which button will heal whom.

So far the setup is fairly basic.
I have a multi-step macro for the invites.
So I press the key twelve times or so, in succession.
Once invites, the next press accepts the invite on that window, the next invites the next character, and then that character accepts the invite.

I found Alge's Guide for assist/follow from any window to be very useful for an initial setup.
Beyond that the posts by Firescue17 had a lot of things that I liked (the invitation of the team, for example).

My team is:
Druid (Heals/Gates/Evac)
Bard (Pulls/Melodies/Overhaste)
Enchanter (Buffs/Crowd Control/Slows)
Wizard (DPS/Gates/Evac)
Mage x2 (Pet Tank, Pet Off-Tank, DPS, Call of the Hero)

If you have fewer than six in the party, you can use Mercenaries to bring you up to six.
If you have six in the party, you can run with one group most of the time... but split the party into two groups (of three each) and then have three Mercs (per group) for a total of 12.

I'm on the test realm.
/testcopy to get there...
Everyone is 'Gold' subscription there, without paying anything.
And you get all expansions.
Gear is relatively cheap mostly (on the AH), because people will usually copy stuff and charge a lot initially (to get some funds on the server), and then continue to copy but at much lower prices to benefit others on the server.
There were several people who would daily copy tradeable raid drop items, and give them away in Plane of Knowledge.
Streaming in 720p HD: www.twitch.tv/ualaa
<<

firescue17

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sat May 17, 2014 5:06 pm

EQ Users have an in-game serverwide chat channel if you have questions or want to discuss multi-boxing. Please continue to respect the forum and IRC chat rules. "/join serverwide.ISBoxer:ISBoxer" or "/autojoin serverwide.ISBoxer:ISBoxer"

I'm in this channel 100% of the time I'm logged into EQ and also in IRC a good portion of the time.

I don't really have anything new to add. Begin with the Quick Start Wizard. Once you have /follow and /assist up and running with a nuke macro or two (and understand how they work) you can begin to branch out on your own. I am constantly tweaking and updating ISBoxing EverQuest. Be advised it's not "Begginer" material. It is also not intended as a step-by-step guide, but rather a discussion of possibilities.

Watch all the videos from Lax and MiRai. Each of them contain invaluable information. Read all the WoW and Rift Guides. Those games use similar principles as EQ. I have EQ specific videos here; however, they're not really my forte and nowhere near the quality of what Lax and MiRai have done.

Most importantly, don't feel overwhelmed or frustrated and give-up. Multiboxing EQ is awesome!

Return to EverQuest