FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Default state for menus/keymaps/etc

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Angahran

Post Sun Apr 13, 2014 5:53 pm

Default state for menus/keymaps/etc

I'm probably missing something obvious and if so I apologize.

Is there some way to set the default state of keymaps, menus, etc when you startup an isboxer group ?
When I start up my group I have to turn off the new hotkey thing (the green boxes), then make sure that I have all the broadcasting options turned off.

It would be great if I could set everything to off that I want off and not have to do it every time.
(Because its a certainty that the one time I don't, I'll press the wrong key and have my entire group run off in random directions)

Thanks,

Ang.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sun Apr 13, 2014 6:12 pm

Re: Default state for menus/keymaps/etc

Startup and reload/refresh are the same thing as far as ISBoxer is concerned, so if you change it for launching the game it's also going to be changed for when you already have the game open and do an Export to Inner Space. Just throwing that out there.

With that in mind, just remove things from your Character Set to turn them off by default. In the top left pane under Character Sets, select yours. Then in the bottom left pane, remove the Standard Menu (which you're calling "the new hotkey thing (the green boxes)") and whichever Key Maps you want off. Don't remove the "Always On" key map or you won't be able to turn them back on.

Then since you're reversing the default Key Maps state, go into the top left pane under Key Maps and select Always On. Then in the bottom left expand "Activate Maps" (Shift+Alt+M) and move Step 1 down so it's step 2. Otherwise, the first time you press Shift+Alt+M it's going to turn Key Maps Off, thinking they're on, so you would have to hit it twice the first time in order to toggle it without fixing this.

Then you want to change the image on the button in the Toggles Menu to reflect the new default state. In the top left pane under Menus select Toggles, then in the bottom left pane under Button Sets select Toggles; in the bottom right pane, select "Button 1: Hotkeys toggle". Now under "Images" to the right of that, the Background drop-down box starts at "key maps on" change that to "key maps off".

Return to EverQuest