FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Newbie with questions about IS and EverQuest

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Angahran

Post Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:36 pm

Newbie with questions about IS and EverQuest

Hi,
I've been using WinEQ2 with EverQuest for years and just downloaded Innerspace/ISBoxer to see how they work.
I'm having real problems finding any information about setting up the real basics though.

In WinEQ2 I had profiles for the Live servers, the Test Server and the Beta Server.
I think I have got the same setup in IS.

I also had profiles for different accounts, usilng different eqclient.ini files and this it the part I can't figure out how to do in IS.

Is there some 'Dummies guide to InnerSpace' somewhere and I've just missed it ?

Any help from anyone using IS with EverQuest would be appreciated.

Thanks
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:12 am

Re: Newbie with questions about IS and EverQuest

I wouldn't necessarily call using different eqclient.ini files the basics, but if you use the Quick Setup Wizard (as is recommended) and select EverQuest from the drop-down, it will automatically set up "Virtual Files" for eqclient.ini and eqlsPlayerData.ini (which stores your login name, so it should get remembered). ISBoxer sets them up to use character-specific files, based on the names you gave during the wizard setup.

If you would like to use your existing eqclient.ini files from WinEQ 2, you can change the "Virtualize As" filenames for these files for your characters in ISBoxer. There's two ways to get to the screen to do so, either select each Character in the top pane in ISBoxer, or select each Virtual File in the top pane. If you're changing the files for several characters, it will be quicker to select the Virtual File in the top pane. Whichever you pick, you will see the opposite in the lower left corner to select individually (e.g. if you picked the Virtual File in the top pane, all of the Characters using it are listed in the bottom left). When you select those in the bottom left, the bottom right will allow you to set the filename to use. You do not need to put in paths to the files, they will be in the original folder.

As far as live, test, beta, etc profiles, these are handled in Inner Space with Game Profiles. A Game Profile has the path, executable, and parameters to use, as well as a display/monitor selection for people with multiple video cards. If you need to add one, the easiest way to do this is to select Add Game from the IS menu. Then ISBoxer can be configured per Character to use any particular Game+Game Profile.

Return to EverQuest