FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

How to do Menu within Menu?

Moderator: MiRai

<<

tigershoe

Post Wed Mar 19, 2014 1:17 pm

How to do Menu within Menu?

How is the easiest way to set up a menu for my g510 to hit g1 and activate a new menu then like tab out back to orginal menu
<<

tigershoe

Post Wed Mar 19, 2014 2:11 pm

Re: How to do Menu within Menu?

Basically im looking for something like this just cant figure out how to get it to work. I have gotten the menu layout and able to hit G1 and bring up a new menu but the old one wont go away I want to have it set up like I can cycle through all the screens. IE BELOW

G1 G2 G3
G4 G5 G6

G1 is Labled AA I press G1 and I want it to bring up 6 more windows and remove the ones before so now its still G1 - G6 but G1 is now lets say labled Elem Form for the mage elem form aa and when I use it I would like to be able to press a Hot key to cycle back out of the menu to the original menu screen .

So I could lable G1 AA and G2 Mage spells G3 Necro Spells and I would like to be able to press any of those and have it goto a new menu page showing all the ones I set up and able to use a hotkey to go back to previous menu.
<<

tigershoe

Post Wed Mar 19, 2014 2:21 pm

Still need help found an article but it was outdated.
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:50 pm

tigershoe wrote:Basically im looking for something like this just cant figure out how to get it to work. I have gotten the menu layout and able to hit G1 and bring up a new menu but the old one wont go away I want to have it set up like I can cycle through all the screens. IE BELOW

If the old Menu doesn't go away when you bring up the new one, then you need to create an Action to unload it. If you want to create an intricate Menu that changes based on key presses and does multiple things, you're going to quickly find yourself building a labyrinth of Mapped Keys and Actions -- That's just the way that it is. It's likely you're going to be creating lots of Actions to unload Menus when they weren't necessarily loaded in the first place just so you can cover all angles if that Menu was actually present (so it doesn't conflict).

Also, I don't think there's a "go back to the previous Menu" Action and you're probably going to have to create a specific Mapped Key (or designate a button on your Menu) that will bring you back to the main Menu and unload the rest.
<<

firescue17

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:21 pm

Here is the precursor to Menus. The only difference with this guide is the loading and unloading of Clickbars rather than Menus. It's the same principle.

Make a Mapped Key for each page or Menu bank. One Action to load the intended page; a separate action to unload every other page or bank. If you have a four page Menu, you'll need four Mapped Keys:

Load Page 1:
Action 1: Load Menu A
Action 2: Unload Menu B
Action 3: Unload Menu C
Actiion 4: Unload Menu D

Load Page 2:
Action 1: Load Menu B
Action 2: Unload Menu A
Action 3: Unload Menu C
Action 4: Unload Menu D

Load Page 3:
Action 1: Load Menu C