FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Confused why assist partly works

Moderator: MiRai

<<

tigershoe

Post Sun Mar 02, 2014 2:56 pm

Confused why assist partly works

Hi guys I am a new user to multiboxing and since I decided to play everquest again with an old friend I decided to give this software a try and I see a lot of potential but really confused as to how to get things to work or even what all it can do. I set up my follow and my assist and it only partly works or it works then stops working.
Do I need to log in characters in a specific order? Like whoever is slot 1 needs to log in first and so on?

I run 5 - 24" monitors in portrait mode in eyefinity running 5400x1920 resolution. I was able to figure out how to change the screens to show right. I am at the moment running only 3 accounts.

1- mage
1- necro
1- bard

I would like to know if anyone can tell me what all I can set up for them to do? How far of control do I have. I am fairly computer savvy just feel so stupid when it comes to this.

Thanks in advance for all my stupid questions but I think this is truly some amazing software and when I can get it going and understand what I am doing I will deff be spreading the word through twitch and youtube videos mainly some Noob friendly how to videos. I just need to leave that level myself before I can help others lol. I am writing down every single thing that confused me as I go along so I can hopefully help someone else not go through it.
Attachments
my setup.xml
my isboxer file
(117.84 KiB) Downloaded 397 times
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Sun Mar 02, 2014 4:13 pm

Re: Confused why assist partly works

tigershoe wrote:Do I need to log in characters in a specific order? Like whoever is slot 1 needs to log in first and so on?

No, but assuming you used the "Auto-Fill" button on the last step of the Wizard, all you need to do is to invite your characters into a party (and accept) in the order in which they are displayed in your ISBoxer Character Set.

I'd also recommend against using modifiers with any Follow or Assist key bindings because they're liable to cause issues at times.

tigershoe wrote:I would like to know if anyone can tell me what all I can set up for them to do? How far of control do I have. I am fairly computer savvy just feel so stupid when it comes to this.

I've never played EverQuest, but typically you can't do anything the game doesn't allow you to do -- Like auto-fire, loops, or reading information from the game client.
<<

Ualaa

Grandmaster Guidesmith

Post Tue Mar 04, 2014 12:11 am

Re: Confused why assist partly works

Firescue17's thread is really good, for as what you can accomplish.

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4241
Streaming in 720p HD: www.twitch.tv/ualaa

Return to EverQuest