FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Timed Out after 1/22/14 Patch

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Dragon_64

Post Wed Jan 22, 2014 1:24 pm

Timed Out after 1/22/14 Patch

I patched EQ after this morning's update, and the servers came back up using the normal EQ patching process. I then launched my ISboxer group and everything worked great until I enter the password for each account. Each account then times out without completing the character login. To make sure it was an isBoxer specific problem, I closed out isBoxer and launched one of the characters through the normal EQ Launcher and logged it all the way into the game with no problem. After entering the password, it did say that their had been XX failed attempts to login - so I know isboxer is sending the password, it's just not accepting it.

Patch issue compatibility with isBoxer?
<<

firescue17

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Wed Jan 22, 2014 1:36 pm

Re: Timed Out after 1/22/14 Patch

ISBoxer is working fine with the EQ patch on 01/22/2014.

Usually this is due to Keymaps being turned on and sending inadvertent keystroke to the password field.
<<

Dragon_64

Post Wed Jan 22, 2014 2:40 pm

You were right, it's a keymap broadcast thing. I have a couple of commands ingame mapped to <shift> s and <shift> f . I've never had an issue before using those same key maps, but I set them up last night and obviously screwed something up. Everytime I try to enter my account password now <shift> s will not work in the password field during the character account login. I can't figure out what I've done differently this time.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:25 pm

Dragon_64 wrote:You were right, it's a keymap broadcast thing. I have a couple of commands ingame mapped to <shift> s and <shift> f . I've never had an issue before using those same key maps, but I set them up last night and obviously screwed something up. Everytime I try to enter my account password now <shift> s will not work in the password field during the character account login. I can't figure out what I've done differently this time.

You either put your maps in a Key Map that isn't toggled by Shift+Alt+M (such as "Always On" which by definition is ... Always On) or you left Key Maps enabled by not pressing Shift+Alt+M. For future reference you should probably put keys like this (especially any that you might want to type with instead of using as a Hotkey) in Combat or Non-combat instead :)

Return to EverQuest