FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Mouse jumping up and to the left

Moderator: MiRai

<<

lalle

Post Wed Aug 28, 2013 2:33 am

Mouse jumping up and to the left

Hi all!
First time poster but long time user of isboxer. I usually use isboxer with EQ and this is where I'm having a mouse/curser issue.

The issue is that the curser/mouse jumps up and to the left everytime I do the following:
# Mouselook (using right mouse button, looking around and letting go of the button)
# Camera view (using left mouse button, moving around and letting go of the button)
# Looting (using right mouse button)
# Left/right clicking on items on the ground or doors etc.

This only seems to be occuring when the mouse is MOVED and clicked. If I'm 100% stationary with the mouse, then it stays in Place, but not if interacting with a door.

Not sure what is doing it. Never had this issue Before!
<<

Alge

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:17 am

Re: Mouse jumping up and to the left

I'm playing EQ with ISBoxer and not experiencing any of the mouse issues you describe. Are you on the latest versions of ISBoxer (41.5.0825.1) and Inner Space (build 5899)?
<<

lalle

Post Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:41 am

Everything up to date.

Don't know what it could be...

I use a razer deathadder mouse. Perhaps it's synapse 2.0 or something acting up? Hmm altho that's also up to date.
<<

eqbuxer

Post Mon Jan 27, 2014 3:16 pm

Hias,

Having a very similar issue. If I pan the mouse from ground level to top/down view in 3rd person, the mouse will act like i slapped it really fast up/left. Only happens when any mouse key is pressed AND moving cursor (or cam).

Running 2 chars in everquest live, from seperate dirs, win7 x64, latest patches

Tried the following:
- Changed mouse (from a ms intellipoint 3 to a razer naga 2014)
- Changed mousepad to make sure there was no hidden dirt that magically reflexted the "laser" in an inappropriate way
- Changed various settings, including framerate limiters on/off, running different framerates on different chars
- Changed "lock cursor inside game ..." setting in character sets ->general
- Changed "prevent isboxer from forcing the game into .." in character sets ->general
- Having both mice or one mouse at a time plugged in (usually have both plugged in)
- Combinations of the above
- Uninstalled razer mouse software
- Uninstalled ms intellipoint software
- Using a noname mouse in windows 7 stock drivers
- Problem ONLY occurs on up/down movements, not sideways movements (afaik eq always had an issue with mousespeed up/down movement calculated relative to framerates or something)

When running 2 chars without isboxer = no problems with mouse twitch / spasms / spins.

Never had any problems of that sort in Vanguard with isboxer, regardless of any combination above.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated. Initially i was thinking of trying to fraps the issue, but not sure it would make any sense, since it happens so fast.

Thanks for a great product!

Best regards from a (semi) happy boxer

Sidenote: I am unable to use the key "½" as a straight up key for broadcasting. The "½" key is recognized fine in eq if you set a hotkey to it inside eq -> options -> hotbars. Inside eq, in options, it will display as "½". When I press "½" inside eq in a chat box, it will display as a suqare "█". Not sure why, but anyways, I can't get isboxer to accept "½" as a hotkey. Must be some mismatch between eq charset and windows / isboxer charset. Prolly eq that is fubared.
<<

firescue17

Post Mon Jan 27, 2014 4:19 pm

In-game Options -> Mouse in EQ. There are individual sliders for the X and Y mouse acceleration: X Mouselook Sensitivity and Y Mouselook Sensitivity.
<<

eqbuxer

Post Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:07 pm

Thank you, I am fully aware of that, however that is not my question or issue. Have tried different settings, but that does not help with the sudden mouse jumping / movements.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:12 pm

Can you show us your ISBoxer configuration? http://isboxer.com/wiki/Configuration_Sharing

And you didn't mention if you tried a different windowed mode setting in the game or not, but it could definitely make a difference
<<

firescue17

Post Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:13 pm

Does it behave properly when running the game outside of IS/ISBoxer?
<<

eqbuxer

Post Tue Jan 28, 2014 3:10 pm

firescue17: Yes, as per my original post 8:)

Lax: Configuration here http://privatepaste.com/bdce73805b

Tried resizing both windows slightly, both smaller and larger. Tried running with different size windows and different min/max framerates set via EQ -> options, leaving isboxer and innerspace max framerate and fps limiter unchecked (ie not enabled). Also tried with 50 max foreground fps in set in isboxer, and leaving fps limiter in innerspace to default 60.

Currently not using a window layout in isboxer.

Edit: just realized that the server select window is slightly smaller that when the game is launched, and that I am running in windowed mode with a res of 1741 x 1073 (as a result of manually resizing the window).

When at server select and launched via IS, the mouse cursor is slightly off, ie having to click some 8/9 milimeters below the "play everquest" button to activate the button. This misalignment does not happen when lauched outside of IS. Also, when launched via IS, the text in the server select window is somewhat off, like when sessting a screen resolution that does not match the displays native resolution.

I suspect the problem could be due to my weird gameplay resolution. Will try a stock resolution from eq -> options and report back.
<<

eqbuxer

Post Wed Jan 29, 2014 4:41 pm

Went through all the stock resolutions, same problem 8:) The smaller the resolution, the more pronounced the problem gets. Same prob on my secondary rig, wich is fairly fresh installed / clean.

Could it be related to the glitch that the game at server select screen is "shrinked" (bit lower resolution that intended, when launched from IS), and that resolution is used to calculate various bit in IS later on, when the game is actually launched (char loaded ingame, and window is now slightly larger)?

Is it possible to enable some kind of logging or debug mode or something to track cursor movement?

Hope it makes sense. Will see if i can get a fraps of it.

Anyways, great prog program, and I salute it for working flawlessly in all other games I have used it for. And to be fair, this particular problem could be related to my setup in some way, else I suspect I would have seen more posts about it 8:)
Next

Return to EverQuest