FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

EQ ISBoxer only 5fps

Moderator: MiRai

<<

paulheraty

Post Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:55 am

EQ ISBoxer only 5fps

Hi all,

I've been running 3x EQ clients for ages and just alt-tabbing between them, and figured trying ISboxer would have that easier. So I bought a year's sub yesterday and installed it.

Following the wizard, I now have it set up, but my FPS is at around 5fps for all clients - unplayable. I;ve installed open hardware monitor and it's showing the GPU to be the bottleneck at 99-100%. My CPUs are all around 30-50%.

I'm running on an Alienware M17xR4 with am Nvidea GeForce GTX 675M graphics card. I've tried following the HowTo tweak fps guide, but see no improvements. System also has 12GB ram, and intel i7 CPU.

At first, ISboxer was starting up the EQ clients using integrated Intel graphics, and I thought that was the problem. But I fxed that, and I'm still seeing terrible fps using the discrete Nvidea card.

Any ideas please?

thanks,
Paul
<<

paulheraty

Post Mon Nov 18, 2013 2:53 pm

Re: EQ ISBoxer only 5fps

I've tried running EQ2 and DDO also, starting thru ISboxer. Both using only a single instance only run at ~8fps with GPU showing 50% load and CPU at around the same across all cores.

As mentioned before, I can run 3 instances of EQ outside of ISboxer just fine with no fps lag.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Mon Nov 18, 2013 3:19 pm

When you launch the game through ISBoxer, the ini files are virtualized -- so that the graphics settings may be different than when you play without ISBoxer. Have you checked the settings within the game, launched by ISBoxer, to see that they are not on the highest quality settings?

I would also say to check the game's FPS limiter settings, but if your GPU is maxed out I'm not sure that's the problem.

Since you're using a laptop with NVIDIA optimus, I would also suggest to check for a video driver update at nvidia.com. This corrects most graphics-related issues with ISBoxer on these machines
<<

paulheraty

Post Mon Nov 18, 2013 3:39 pm

First off, thanks for the reply.

I have tried turning down all the settings, and that gets me to about 8-10fps. I think there is something more fundamentally wrong. This is a high perf gaming machine, and can easily run the games at max settings outside of ISboxer.

I'm downloading the latest Nvidea driver now - will try that.

Thanks,
Paul

Return to EverQuest