FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Looking for way to use Isboxer on Al'kabor

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Barnesed05

Post Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:21 am

Looking for way to use Isboxer on Al'kabor

So I play on the Al'kabor server, which is the macintosh version of eq. However, as of late there has been PC players on there such as me who through EQW.exe allows us to access the server. SOE knows about this and has no issues with this as there has been ALOT of players on there lately. The server is locked into eq at the Planes of Power stage without any more expansions and gets very little support from Sony. It was slated to be closed but due to such a large outcry by its player base it was left open without having any subscription requirements now. So the player base there has seen a large influx of players from both the Macintosh side and the PC side (using the previous item).

So now that I have explained all this, I was wondering if there is a way to make isboxer work there. If I try to use it under normal circumstances nothing happens at all.

The way I normally load up my toon is by clicking eqw.exe. This has a command line visible in the box that comes up with where my eqgame.exe is. At that point we go old school, with the old launching screen showing verant, etc. There is no patcher like the pc side at all. Basically this gives me access to the server the old fashion way pre launcher, etc.

I have also tried using WinEQ2.0 without success as it inheritently looks for eqgame.exe so i can not insert the use of eqw.exe

I know alot of folks on Al'Kabor who would love to pay to use this, and I myself would as I am 3 year subscriber also. If I need to post any logs, etc just let me know please as I gladly will. :D
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:09 am

Re: Looking for way to use Isboxer on Al'kabor

This has been asked before. EQMac is not supported by Inner Space or WinEQ 2 because the version of EverQuest it is based on is too old. Sorry!

Return to EverQuest