FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Sticky EQ window

Moderator: MiRai

<<

maniacmat

Post Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:07 am

Sticky EQ window

Hi there

Problem I have (and why I like using WinEQ) is that with ISboxer the everquest windows are always sticking to the foreground - i.e. I have to actually minimise them to look at anything behind (whereas with WIneq I can just click on a window behind and that window will appear in front)

I can't find a setting to stop this behaviour

Also, when I set up a region window view, I find I cannot actually minimise any windows - they stay in the position they are even when I press minimise

Anyone help with those problems? :-)

Thanks
<<

Alge

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:13 am

Re: Sticky EQ window

In your Window Layout, under Regions, you can set the Always On Top Mode for each Region. Try setting that to "Off" or "On, if a game window is foreground".
<<

maniacmat

Post Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:44 pm

Whether I am using a set up with no defined regions, or with defined regions but "always on top" off, I get the same behaviour with ISBoxer.

I only did not get this with WinEQ2 which is not working now since 7/11 (across multiple computers!)

The same problem occurs with the std EQ client - I have to minimise rather than "alt tab"....would be great if I could get ISboxer working so it will alt tab with no problems

Any ideas anyone?
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:25 pm

Certain Window Layout settings require a re-launch to properly take effect, so if you tested that change while playing, that could be related to why it didn't seem to do anything. Also, don't forget to Export when you make a change, in order to activate it :)

If you need more help with your Window Layout it will probably help to see the details. HOWTO: Share your configuration for better support
<<

maniacmat

Post Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:18 pm

Yes I will share with you - thanks
<<

maniacmat

Post Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:20 pm

One other interesting thing - in Windows8 ISboxer has a BIG window bar at the top of each window (not the neat think line around the edge like in WIndows 7) - is this a "feature" of Windows 8 or is it poss to get rid of it?

Return to EverQuest