FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Unable to log into EQ

Moderator: MiRai

<<

jj45

Post Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:52 pm

Unable to log into EQ

Hello I have been unable to login using ISBoxer. I have done the set up and checked it several times. The game does start on three screens, but when I log into the first screen (username, password, select server, then hit enter) it takes a second and then gives me Error 1017: Cannot login to the EverQuest server. You may need to re-run Update Patch. Repeatedly see this message indicates a loss of connectivity to the Patch Server. this usually temporary. When I set up the game I enter No Patch as it asked me too. I tried to run Update while not running ISBoxer but would not work when attempted again. Thanks for your time.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:35 am

Re: Unable to log into EQ

Hi there.

If Inner Space detected your EverQuest install for you, as opposed to manually using Add Game to add EQ to Inner Space, it's possible that Inner Space detected an old, outdated installation!

This is actually somewhat common because EQ used to install to Program Files.. then to ProgramData.. and now to Users\Public.
I have copies in at least two of those myself, and this has confused me on at least one occasion as well. (In fact I borked an EQPlayNice update once by updating it for the wrong copy of EverQuest on my computer.)

Therefore, what I would do in this situation is to a) verify the folder you usually launch EverQuest from (e.g. right click on the icon you normally launch, and select Properties), and b) use Add Game to manually add EQGAME.EXE from that folder, and in the parameters box put "patchme" with no quotes. Then point ISBoxer at your new Game and Game Profile. I am positive that this should help correct the issue for you.

And then make sure that folder is patched before using ISBoxer. :)
<<

jj45

Post Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:02 am

Thanks much that worked fine. The problem I am having now is that only one account is opening. I would get all three windows before, but they would not open. Now I am only getting one account login. I have it set up for swapping allow taskbar. Thanks again for your time.
<<

jj45

Post Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:08 am

reentered info several times and got it to work. Thanks again for the help.
<<

jj45

Post Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:41 am

Ok so I figured out what was going on with ISBoxer, when I installed WinEq I am getting the same error 10117. I understand the problem now I could not find a place to create the extention needed to log in to EQ. Is there a way to add game to WinEQ or modify the start file? Thanks.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:06 am

In WinEQ 2, the path to the EQ folders is in your Profile for EverQuest. (WinEQ 2 Preferences, EverQuest, Profiles)

Return to EverQuest