FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

goothulhu.ini EQ1

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Goothulhu

Post Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:51 am

goothulhu.ini EQ1

So ive been playing EQ1 for a bit now just using alt tab. Just joined up and got Isboxer and my question is..

Loaded up my 4 chars with Isboxer to see all my hotbuttons and interface gone and changed to default mode, also im seeing new models on, i play with old models ugggg I love old models, guess im just oldschool :D

Well my only thoughts on this matter are, when exporting my settings to innerspace it said it needed me to change the resolution of all my chars and displayed my screen resolution i am currently using and what it need it to be changed to to play it correctly, it also displayed each chars name with .ini location of files.

I first said no to the change and the screens looked so bad i couldnt play, so i went back and said yes, screens looked great, mouse moved around like normal, but still all hotbuttons gone.

If i load up my eq1 the old fashion way, my hotbuttons are still there YAY~! :D

but a gaint BOOOO for isboxer not keeping them~!

I am guessing this has something to do with the virtual files but im going brain dead to be honest, been trying to set all this up for hours now hehe

Any help please on keeping my old hotbuttons and socials while using isboxer~! :mrgreen:
<<

Xeniaz

Post Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:16 am

Re: goothulhu.ini EQ1

Hello Goothulhu,
All of your hotbuttons and socials are stored in Character_Server.ini (you'll have to substitute the names where appropriate), so if you see any virtual files that fit that pattern I'd look there to correct it. ISBoxer does not virtualize those files by default however.
In regards to the old models not being used, have a look at eqclient.ini. This file ISBoxer does virtualize by default, and the file names will look like this eqclient-Character.ini (These are the virtualized ones). Inside the files under the [Defaults] section you'll see this line AllLuclinPcModelsOff=FALSE
Change that to AllLuclinPcModelsOff=TRUE and your model problem is solved. Please note that all of your EQ sessions need to be fully closed before you make those changes otherwise they will be overwritten when you close them.
<<

Goothulhu

Post Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:08 am

maybe im not getting what you are trying to say sorry hehe, but here is what i think you are saying and i have another queston.

So in isboxer i see these virtual files with my char names, but i see no way to alter them or link them to my old ui_goothulhu files, also using win7 and it has put all my char settings in a insane area that took me forever to find

somehting like c:\user\username\appdata\local\virtualstore\programfiles\everquest\userdata omg~! hehe i can not tell you how long it took me to find these files

anyways i see these file name in isboxer under virtual files, discritption reads, virtualize as eqclient-goothulhu.ini , but i see no way to alter them or link them to the real files, I also dont find these files in my windows search options when searching my hardrive.

That leads me to my next question, so do i just need to make all new hotkeys and socials and move my UI around, and if i do, will it save these settings? also secondary question, what about when i make a new char set, but with 3 new guys and an guy from this char set, will his hotbuttons be the same even though he is in a diff char set?

Thanks for all the help
<<

rencro

Post Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:29 pm

lol had a long reply to this but timed out and lost it all, I'll keep it short..

Your best bet is to un-install Everquest out of Program Files, remove it from Innerspace, then re-install Everquest to say C:\Games\Everquest
Re-add it to Innerspace, This will make editing files, adding maps ect much easier without you having to become an IT professional to do it...

Or follow this guide :

http://forums.station.sony.com/eq/posts ... _id=171271
<<

Xeniaz

Post Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:34 pm

Goothulhu wrote: So in isboxer i see these virtual files with my char names, but i see no way to alter them or link them to my old ui_goothulhu files, also using win7 and it has put all my char settings in a insane area that took me forever to find

somehting like c:\user\username\appdata\local\virtualstore\programfiles\everquest\userdata omg~! hehe i can not tell you how long it took me to find these files

By default, ISBoxer only virtualizes eqlsPlayerData.ini and eqclient.ini. The eqclient.ini contains many game settings that are common to all of your characters.
eqlsPlayerData is virtualized so your acct names are saved in each session when you log them in with ISBoxer. Basically, a virtual file is needed when you have settings that get applied to all characters logged in, but you want them to only apply to that particular instance. For your ui_name.ini files you do not need to virtualize them because the settings are already unique to just that one character. If a character has ui_name.ini being virtualized in ISBoxer please delete that entry. As for your UI having reverted to the defaults, feel free to rage at Sony some for that one. Several of there recent patches have messed up UI settings for characters.

Goothulhu wrote: anyways i see these file name in isboxer under virtual files, discritption reads, virtualize as eqclient-goothulhu.ini , but i see no way to alter them or link them to the real files, I also dont find these files in my windows search options when searching my hardrive.

You will find these files inside your EQ directory. (This is where you said that was located. c:\user\username\appdata\local\virtualstore\programfiles\everquest)
These files are just simple text files with settings in them, and are a copy of the non-virtualized version of the same file, such as eqclient.ini. If you would like to edit them you may, but these files are typically not intended to be edited by hand. However, in your case, you will need to edit them to perform the change I described in my last post because there is no in game method to make those changes.

Goothulhu wrote: That leads me to my next question, so do i just need to make all new hotkeys and socials and move my UI around, and if i do, will it save these settings? also secondary question, what about when i make a new char set, but with 3 new guys and an guy from this char set, will his hotbuttons be the same even though he is in a diff char set?

Thanks for all the help

Yes, you will need to redo all of your hotkeys and socials. Please note, this is not caused by ISBoxer, but some recent game patches that messed with the UI. Not all players were effected by this, but there has been many reports on this issue documented. Simply log in to your accounts, adjust the UIs as you wish, and then camp out for the changes to be saved. UI positioning stuff gets saved when you camp out.

Sorry for another long post, but I hope this gets you on the right track.

Return to EverQuest