FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Characters not populating character select

Moderator: MiRai

<<

fianna

Post Fri Apr 20, 2012 5:19 pm

Characters not populating character select

Hi! New ISboxer user here. I followed the quick set up guide, and had no trouble loading my 6 instances of EQ. Got all the way to character select screen and my characters were not available to select. I attempted to create new characters and got a pop up from Sony saying I had reached the limit of characters I could create on that account. ( I have a gold membership and my slots are not filled ). I tried on all accounts and several different servers and got the same result. I loaded EQ up normally and had no issue at all selecting my characters and loading them into the game. A litte help please. Her is my set up which I have not altered at all since I have not been able to load into EQ with even the most basic set up. www.privatepaste.com :: Paste ID b19d2371bf
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:39 pm

Re: Characters not populating character select

Source: http://forums.station.sony.com/eq/posts/list.m?topic_id=184192
The people in the linked thread indicate that if your client is not patched up, then you may see an empty character list at character selection screen.

This is different than typically expected behavior from previous EQ patches, where the game would disconnect instead of allowing you to see the character selection screen.

What I suspect is happening is that your -- now Launchpad version 4 -- installation of EQ1 is now in a different location than Inner Space is configured to launch. The default location for an EQ1 installation is now C:\Users\Public\Sony Online Entertainment\Installed Games\EverQuest. You might have Inner Space pointing at C:\Program Files (x86)\EverQuest. It is entirely possible that you now have two copies of EverQuest, and that Inner Space is launching the unpatched one.

You can see what it's configured to launch. Right click the IS icon in the system tray (notification area) and select Configuration, click Game Configuration, select the Game in the first drop-down box and the Game Profile in the second. The "Main executable path" should match what your EQ Launchpad thing has configured for the game install path.

Return to EverQuest