FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

absolutely lost with this

Moderator: MiRai

<<

scorpion1972

Post Thu Dec 22, 2011 6:34 pm

absolutely lost with this

I am having problems getting isboxer to work on original eq. I have absolutely no doubt that i am just not getting the hang of the program.

all i want to do is set up 2 macros on my g19 that will let my enchanter cast all his debuffs on one and then cast all his dots on the other both while i am windowed out on my magician.

before i installed isboxer i could at least get the keyboard macros to work on the window i was currently on. now none of the g keys work at all on either session even though they are set up exactly the same.

i need help and i need it spelled out to me as if i was a stupid 5 year old please because the instructions that come along with it are not working for me.

I know this cant be that hard but ill be damned if i can figure it out.
<<

Ualaa

Grandmaster Guidesmith

Post Thu Dec 22, 2011 6:40 pm

Re: absolutely lost with this

I've not used IS Boxer with Everquest.

IS Boxer needs to be run as an administrator.
Anything that it launches, will also then be run as an administrator.
Meaning anything that does not have administrator rights won't work with it.

In general, you can run your keyboard as an administrator and use the software that came with it.
Or you can clear the profile entirely, so there is nothing in it, and then use the special keys as hotkeys for IS Boxer mapped keys.
Either approach works, and is a preference call.

If you use anything along the lines of push something now.
And a bunch of things happen, one after the other, without further input on your part.
In most games, that is considered botting and will get you banned eventually.

A "legal" way to do what you want, is multiple steps, or different actions that occur on subsequent presses of the same key.
That is assuming delays in macros or the EQ equivalent is not ok.

You would have a mapped key with a hotkey to activate it.
So you would repeatedly press this same hotkey.
On each step, it would output a different result, depending on the desired spell.
The first step might have an assist in there (not sure how EQ assisting works, having not played the game in a very long time).
Streaming in 720p HD: www.twitch.tv/ualaa

Return to EverQuest