FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

character set ui issue

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Bsherder

Post Sat Feb 24, 2024 2:54 pm

character set ui issue

I 6 box. When i load up each account individually with innerspace the UI stays the same. When i try to use the ISBoxer Character Set, the ui changes on some of the accounts. I don't know how to fix that, other than not using the isboxer character set. My goal is to eventually run my boxing crew as efficiently as i see some people on youtube like hammackj or jimmyw404. I figure that's a long way off since i feel like a pea brain when it comes to this stuff.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sun Feb 25, 2024 3:13 am

Re: character set ui issue

When you load via InnerSpace, the standard EQclient.ini and eqlsplayerdata.ini files are used.

When you load a character set using ISBoxer (or the ISBoxer Character Sets submenu in InnerSpace), then there may be virtual files at play, where each character gets their own eqclient-CHARNAME.ini file and eqlsplayerdata-CHARNAME.ini file. You will find these files in the EverQuest install folder.

Any differences between them will show up in a standard text comparison application/webpage, and may explain your UI changes you are seeing.

Another possibility is that when you load a character set, it is using a differently sized RENDER area than when you load directly under Inner Space, which means some things might shift to be displayed on the screen because they are out of the render area otherwise. This is especially noticeable with some custom UI addons that cannot tell the difference between a render area and a display area (this to be fair is not necessarily the addon's fault but may be due to incorrect information provided to it via whatever API it is using).
<<

Bsherder

Post Sun Feb 25, 2024 8:42 am

Re: character set ui issue

Thank you for the response. I should have mentioned i don't use any custom ui stuff. I will check the files to look for any differences. I don't know if this has anything to do with it but after i am done playing and i try to go from character select to server select to log out I get a ResetDevice() failed! It just happened with 4 out of the 6 accounts. I never considered it a big deal. When i am done i close innerspace anyway. It's probably nothing and related more to the Everquest patch but i mentioned it just in case. I do have to remove them using the task manager. Status is always Not Responding. EDIT: I just checked the eqclient vs eqclient _charname one and the original had UiScale=1.00 while the other file was missing that one. It was the last listing in the Option category. Right after that is [Text Colors]

Last EDIT: Thanks to your help i was able to find the solution. No more resetdevice failure either now that i seem to be using it properly. I won't go into too much detail but the main problem was that i just wasn't getting it.

Return to EverQuest