FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Where is the set up for dummies instructions.

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Toein Athkatla

Post Thu Feb 01, 2024 7:56 pm

Where is the set up for dummies instructions.

Where is the simple, easy to follow tutorials at? I have tried multiple times to follow the basic set up videos I could find. I followed them step for step, click for click and can't even get my toons to auto follow correctly.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Fri Feb 02, 2024 7:48 am

Re: Where is the set up for dummies instructions.

It sounds like you found a few, I don't honestly think pointing you at another random video will help you get your toons to auto-follow correctly. It would probably help for you to ask some for dummies questions instead.

The thing that makes auto-follow not "simple, easy to follow" for every game all at once is because different games have different ways of handling things like an auto-follow hotkey, or the order of characters in your party, and so on. Some people have more characters than are in a party, or can't use party targeting because they 2-box as part of a party of 5, etc. So that's why there are options, for you to tailor to your particular needs and level of expertise.

All ISBoxer really needs to know is what buttons to press in order to activate follow. As long as you can press one or two hotkeys in the game and end up following a character, you can tell ISBoxer what hotkeys those are. With me so far? Do you already have those hotkeys in the game? Can you tell us the hotkeys that you would need to press in order to follow the character(s) you want?

If "simple, easy to follow" means you know a lot about configuring keys and/or macros in the game, but very little about ISBoxer, then perhaps "Directly Follow/Assist designated Main Character" follow/assist mode is for you. This "allows for easy, fool-proof configuration. Create a Hotkey in the game to /follow your designated main character, and another Hotkey to /assist him, then give those to ISBoxer under "Follow Main Character" and "Assist Main Character" ". (https://isboxer.com/wiki/Common_modifications#Follow.2FAssist_Modes) ... so for example, if you set up Alt+A in the game to always "/assist MyMainToon", and Alt+F in the game to always "/follow MyMainToon", then you can tell ISBoxer that the key binding to give the game for assist is Alt+A, and follow is Alt+F -- your ISBoxer hotkeys don't have to be the same as the game receives, but can be.

If "simple, easy to follow" means you know very little about configuring keys and/or macros in the game, and also nothing about ISBoxer, then perhaps "Target Party Leader, then Follow/Assist Target" follow/assist mode is for you. In this case, you need to have a key to target your Party Leader (typically F2), a "Follow Target" hotkey (i.e. /follow macro or a key binding built into the game), and an "Assist Target" hotkey (i.e. /assist or a key binding . . .). Then ISBoxer will press F2 followed by some other key in order to follow or assist the party leader.

You can also tell ISBoxer how to follow/assist each of your characters, and "lead" from any of them, but that is additional complication you can put off until later.

Return to EverQuest