FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

VERY slow after today's EQ patch

Moderator: MiRai

<<

rjrapier

Post Thu Jan 18, 2024 1:15 am

Re: VERY slow after today's EQ patch

Changing the maximum framerate in isboxer up to 140 in the foreground made a huge difference on the performance. Still have the seizure inducing flickering whenever zoning, but at least I can now play the game.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Thu Jan 18, 2024 10:07 am

Inner Space development build 7234 is up now, and specifically addresses a framerate issue with EQ1's new Direct3D 11 engine.
<<

eqplayer

Post Tue Jan 23, 2024 3:54 pm

EDIT: Games seem to run ok now with four characters. I think my issues was mostly from the game crashing multiple times when starting with ISB and not clearing up processes etc... and a non ISB related issue.

Running 7239 and experiencing less than 20 fps most of the time. Often the fps drop to <2 and the game does not respond for long periods. This is with a single character logged in. I did change the foreground/background to 140/70 as suggested. Game runs as normal without ISB. Any ideas what i could check?

I also have a new problem with the window head not disappearing when i switch to full screen. Also new is that mouse does not point to the cursor when i just started the game. Cursor is up and left about 1/4 of the screen compared to were its pointing.
<<

Slashem

Post Thu Jan 25, 2024 8:12 pm

I got a issue since the last patch Isboxer will not let me load more then one toon in it. When I go to launch the 2nd toon it just crashes that 2nd instance. So far between days of work I have not been able to mess with this much. But I was in hopes something would have changed to fix this.
Any ideas on how to get passed this?
<<

PeersOfHonor

Post Thu Feb 01, 2024 1:34 pm

I was having screen stuttering when using the next to last release of the console. After reading about it on the chat channel, I updated to the Dev. release which pretty much fixed the problem. Then I saw the new standard release this morning (Build 7242) and that it contained d11 fixes for Everquest, so I updated to that. After that, even using just 1 character, there is a pronounced every 2 seconds stop in screen movement. Is there a way to roll my client back to the last dev release?
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Thu Feb 01, 2024 6:02 pm

You can use the History tab in the patcher to see what versions you have had installed (for your current installation).
Most recent is at the bottom.
Previous

Return to EverQuest