FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Spring 2023: ISBoxer or JoeBoxer for EQ1

Moderator: MiRai

<<

fgiraffe

Post Wed Apr 19, 2023 12:26 pm

Spring 2023: ISBoxer or JoeBoxer for EQ1

Hello-
I'm a noob to boxing software, and must say it is impressive what ISBoxer/Innerspace can do.
But since I am a noob I am not sure where to start in the Spring of 2023 with Everquest.

Two semi-related questions:

Q1: Is JoeBoxer w WinEQ2022 the supported solution going forward or should I dive into ISBoxer?

From my reading I semi-understand that JoeBoxer came about as an "approved" and simpler way to box for WoW.

How is it for EQ1?

My need are pretty simple, I'd like to 2-box a tank/healer without having to Alt-Tab.

The wrinkle I immediately ran into with ISBoxer is that it seems geared to people who run EQ windowed as opposed to fullscreen.
Is this the case?

Q2: How can I use ISBoxer with full screen resolution (1920x1080 on my laptop).

When playing EQ manually I have to Alt-Enter at the character select screen to go into fullscreen mode, as EQ's ancient setup does not allow me to specify 1920x1080 as a screen resolution until I am in the game. I understand this is a EQ specific thing, but I am curious how EQ players playing on laptops handle this situation.

Thanks in advance, and thanks to all the folks behind this impressive family of software.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Thu Apr 20, 2023 9:53 pm

Re: Spring 2023: ISBoxer or JoeBoxer for EQ1

Q1: Is JoeBoxer w WinEQ2022 the supported solution going forward or should I dive into ISBoxer?
They will both be supported.
JOEBoxer is a limted feature set compared to ISBoxer, and WinEQ2022 carries over what the old WinEQ2 (and WinEQ Playnice) did for 32bit, to 64bit EQ.
JMB does appear to work with Truebox servers.

How is it for EQ1?
Just fine. WinEQ2022 is built upon it.

The wrinkle I immediately ran into with ISBoxer is that it seems geared to people who run EQ windowed as opposed to fullscreen.
Is this the case?
You may not have selected a Full Screen window layout. But yes, the game does need to be Windowed for ISBoxer's Broadcasting features to work. True fullscreen also creates penalties (lag) when switching, so a maximized window is preferred. ISBoxer (and JMB) will do fake fullscreen for EQ.

Q2: How can I use ISBoxer with full screen resolution (1920x1080 on my laptop).
One of the window layouts is a Stacked Fullscreen option.

Alt-Enter at the character select screen to go into fullscreen mode
ISBoxer will fake fullscreen, but sill still be restricted to the window/viewport size specified so you would need to pick the Stacked Fullscreen window layout option.
<<

fgiraffe

Post Fri Apr 21, 2023 4:42 pm

Re: Spring 2023: ISBoxer or JoeBoxer for EQ1

Excellent, thank you for the replies!

Return to EverQuest