FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Custom Maps issue with ISBoxer

Moderator: MiRai

<<

mimicpsycho

Post Wed Jan 25, 2023 11:44 am

Custom Maps issue with ISBoxer

Hello, so I ran into an issue (new user, just started using ISBoxer like a week or 2 ago) where the custom maps for everquest do not show up when I launch the game using ISBoxer.
It is weird, if I run the game by itself, I can see all the map packs from the drop down. However, when ISBoxer opens the accounts, I can't see any map packs in the drop down, only default.
Another thing I noticed, not sure if this will help with diagnosis or not, but when I launch the game myself I don't see the same UILayout that I see when I use ISBoxer.
This made me think there was like a 2nd Everquest installation on my computer, but I checked the "Open game directory" on both ISBoxer launcher as well as when I do it manually, and they both are pointing to the same "C:\EverQuestLive"
I have done a bunch of googling but really have not found anything that helps, I tried re-installing the game, but the issue persists.

Any help on this would be amazing.

Thank you
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Wed Jan 25, 2023 5:57 pm

Re: Custom Maps issue with ISBoxer

ISBoxer creates "virtual files". Which are copies of files that are used when launched with ISBoxer.
The files that are virtualised are eqclient.ini and eqlsplayerdata.ini
The virtual files default to eqclient-[charname].ini and eqlsplayerdata-[charname].ini (replace CHARNAME with your characters name).
They are in the EQ install folder alongside the originals. If you have a difference in behaviour then there are probably differences in the base files and the virtualised copies.

Usually for the map thingy, it just means loading the maps again on each character.
The UI changes, I'm not sure how you sync those, but I assume it is in the settings in the eqlsplayerdata.ini file.
<<

mimicpsycho

Post Wed Jan 25, 2023 7:25 pm

Thanks for the information.

How do I reload the maps? I have put them in the maps folder, and they show up when I run as administrator, but not for ISBoxer ones. I have tried deleting them and reputting them in there, even made a few "TestMapPacks" just to try and they dont seem to show up.

Maybe I need to try and re-do my whole ISBoxer config and install? The maps were not present the first time I ran it, so maybe if it is making virtual files, it just never pulls in the new ones? I will try that next.

Thanks!
<<

bob

Post Wed Jan 25, 2023 8:17 pm

My understanding is once your files are copied into to a subfolder of the eq\maps folder, you load the game and you just need to select the appropriate folder from the map window.

There is no reason I can fathom as to why the standard instructions for adding custom maps would not work. Running under ISBoxer does not change how the game functions.

If you wanted to "reset" the virtual files. Delete them (or back them up) and relaunch the team.
<<

mimicpsycho

Post Wed Jan 25, 2023 9:45 pm

I deleted and uninstalled all of my ISBoxer stuff, but it still persists.
I am not sure how it is working, but here are some screen shots I took this last installation.
I don't know if I can go through setting up my bars and everything again tonight so I will try again tomorrow. :lol:

Running Normally:
https://imgur.com/a/7lugED4

Running with ISBoxer:
https://imgur.com/a/mPqEMkK
<<

bob

Post Sun Jan 29, 2023 1:42 am

I'm not sure why you are removing/reinstalling ISBoxer. It doesn't have anything to do with the game reading the map files/folder.

After having tried this myself, and it working fine, I can only come to the conclusion that you have multiple installations of EQ on your computer and your ISBoxer characters are using one install, and when you manually load EQ it is loading another install and that one happens to have the adjusted maps.

My ISBoxer character set reading the map folder as expected.

Return to EverQuest