FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Fullscreen reverting to Windowed on log out

Moderator: MiRai

<<

guy198o

Post Sun Aug 21, 2022 7:51 pm

Fullscreen reverting to Windowed on log out

First off,

I apologize I am not a very tech-savvy person when it comes to these things, but I will try my best to explain what is happening. It is been a few years since I have played EQ and with isboxer. It took me a few hours to get things running, but I keep running into the issue eq defaulting to window mode every time I go to the server select screen. I spent the whole day with trial and error with no success.

I saw when searching google to use Wineq 2 to have eq stay in full-screen mode, but I'm running to an error with that now. It is telling me it can launch the game but wineq 2 ""failed to attach". All I wanted to do is have some fun boxing some toon on EQ today :(. If any tech gurus can help me out I would be most appreciative. I am not sure what you need "code wise" but please let me know.
Attachments
wineq2 error.png
wineq2 error.png (85.25 KiB) Viewed 3849 times
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sun Aug 21, 2022 9:39 pm

Re: Fullscreen reverting to Windowed on log out

WINEQ2 does not support 64bit.
If you are on retail EQ then WinEQ2 will no longer work.

There is a replacement, which is WinEQ2022, a plugin for Joe Multiboxer. This does require an active subscription to Lavish Gaming Tools, which provides use of all subscription products.
<<

guy198o

Post Mon Aug 22, 2022 6:40 am

No problem,

I have an active subscription. Does Joemultiboxer work with isboxer to fix the full screen issue?

Or is there something I need to do to the eqclient to prevent everquest from defaulting to window mode on login. It is annoying because it keeps messing up the ui each time.

Thank you again for your help.
<<

guy198o

Post Mon Aug 22, 2022 8:02 am

In addition to my last post. This issue happens even if I am not using isboxer. If I play EQ normally it defaults to window mode instead of staying full screen. So I also message daybreak about the full screen being resetting to window mode while logging in. (But not mentioning isboxer stuff).
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Mon Aug 22, 2022 9:24 am

If you are using ISBoxer then there is no need for WinEQ2, or WinEQ2022.

ISBoxer will use separate INI files for each game client. Each game client should be reading it's respective ini file. If the game is not honouring the data/setting in the ini file, that is a game issue, and asking Daybreak about it is the path to take.

Return to EverQuest