FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

ISBoxer changing WindowedHeight/Width

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Angahran

Post Fri Feb 25, 2022 1:03 pm

ISBoxer changing WindowedHeight/Width

Since the last update of isboxer, whenever I start a client using 'ISBoxer Character Sets' or 'ISBoxer Character Set Slots' something is changing the eqclient-charname.ini file values of WindowedWidth and WindowedHeight.

If I start the client using EverQuest -> Charname these values are not changed.

How do I prevent these changes ?

[VideoMode]
WindowedWidth=1904 <-- modified value
WindowedHeight=1041 <-- modified value
;WindowedWidth=1920 <-- correct value
;WindowedHeight=1080 <-- modified value
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Fri Feb 25, 2022 1:44 pm

Re: ISBoxer changing WindowedHeight/Width

Since the last update of isboxer

ISBoxer last updated many moons ago, can we assume you're talking about Inner Space? Which build number of Inner Space are you on? e.g. 1.18 Build ????
<<

Angahran

Post Sun Feb 27, 2022 6:13 pm

Yes, sorry, isboxer 1.18 Build 6877.
I tend to think of them as one thing.

I've had this issue occasionally in the past, something changes the WindowedHeight/Width values but I've never been able to find what is doing it.

I actually wrote an AutoHotkey script to scan all my eqclient files and restore the correct values, but it would be nice to find what is bugging them out in the first place.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sun Feb 27, 2022 7:47 pm

I have been working specifically on EQ1-related issues in recent development builds, including window sizing/resolution issues. There's still issues, I'm still working on them
<<

Angahran

Post Sun Feb 27, 2022 7:49 pm

Thank you :)

Hopefully you can find whatever gremlin is causing this.
<<

Metanis

Post Mon Feb 28, 2022 10:54 am

I'm also having this issue. I played with it for a few hours last night. I'm also on Innerspace 1.18 (6877).

After trying numerous things, I found that if I kept re-selecting my various character windows they would eventually snap into their proper resolution. Sometimes I would have to alt-tab to some other Windows program like MS Edge and then re-select the game window. I tried various things like changing the Window Layout and then exporting to InnerSpace. I also tried changing resolutions in-game and switching between Windowed and FullScreen. Mostly discovered that it had to be right at the EULA screen before it made it right in-game.

It was fun, I learned a lot about messing with resolutions on the fly!

This is on EQ1 and I'm running a fully patched version of Windows 10 Professional 21H2 with an older Nvidia GTX 960 video card. My box set is 6 characters all loading from a single ISBoxer character set.
<<

mikepaladin1

Post Thu Mar 10, 2022 7:43 am

I am also having the same challenges, tried the latest DEV build but still getting the gremlins.

Also have noticed another problem since Feb patch although not sure if its EQ or Innerspace related. App scaling no longer seems to work properly (I have scaling override clicked on eqmain.exe). I need to change windows native resolution to 100% scaling.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Thu Mar 10, 2022 8:21 am

Also have noticed another problem since Feb patch although not sure if its EQ or Innerspace related. App scaling no longer seems to work properly (I have scaling override clicked on eqmain.exe). I need to change windows native resolution to 100% scaling.

Technically neither, it's Windows related. The Windows Compatibility settings (i.e. scaling override) you had on your 32-bit eqgame.exe, do not apply to the new 64-bit eqgame.exe. Everyone who had compatibility settings configured on their old eqgame.exe, that still needs them, will need to apply the setting to the new exe. This has added an extra layer of confusion for users, and extra difficulties in troubleshooting resolution related issues. Fun times. :)

With that said, in the next development build that won't matter, Inner Space will handle that scaling configuration. (already available to Joe Multiboxer / WinEQ 2022 users)
<<

mikepaladin1

Post Fri Mar 11, 2022 2:57 am

lax wrote:

Technically neither, it's Windows related. The Windows Compatibility settings (i.e. scaling override) you had on your 32-bit eqgame.exe, do not apply to the new 64-bit eqgame.exe. Everyone who had compatibility settings configured on their old eqgame.exe, that still needs them, will need to apply the setting to the new exe. This has added an extra layer of confusion for users, and extra difficulties in troubleshooting resolution related issues. Fun times. :)

With that said, in the next development build that won't matter, Inner Space will handle that scaling configuration. (already available to Joe Multiboxer / WinEQ 2022 users)

Thank you! Just downloaded the new DEV build and it resolved the scaling issues and the windows now look much more aligned. There is still some window offsetting / stretching happening but seems better than before.
<<

Angahran

Post Sat Mar 12, 2022 11:21 am

Fingers crossed :)

Basically, if there was a way to effectively 'lock' the screen size/resolution so nothing changes it unless you specifically do something (or at least logs the change somewhere), that would be good.
Next

Return to EverQuest