FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Client starts but with no ISBOXER

Moderator: MiRai

<<

bobokatt7777

Post Fri Feb 18, 2022 1:09 pm

Client starts but with no ISBOXER

For at least a week, if not more, every time I use ISBOXER to start my character in EQ the client starts (mostly) but I get no ISBOXER functions, as if I am starting EQ completly without ISBOXER.

Sometimes nothing happens yet if I look at my task manager, there is an instance of EverQuest.32 but nothing happens. I tried loading the developer build updated Feb 15 2022 with no luck. Went back to the standard version and again no luck. None of my accounts load with any of the ISBOXER features at all. Zero.

What am I doing wrong? SIGH.
I have been using ISBOXER for as far as I remember and has always worked and I have never had any issues. I have not changed anything. The game starts normally of course without ISBOXER and runs perfectly on 64 bit. I had it running with ISBOXER on the test server even before it was just recently released on live with 64 bit.

EDIT I keep using the term ISBOXER but of course I mean Innerspace.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Fri Feb 18, 2022 4:51 pm

Re: Client starts but with no ISBOXER

If you've waited a week to report an issue, then you do end up waiting.

For EQ's update to 64bit, ISBoxer (or Inner Space if you like) has had 64bit compatibility for a long time, and there have been no specific changes required for the 64bit EQ release.

If you are having some issues, it is currently related to you, and one other guy in Discord, so if we can figure out a common element between you two, that is not affecting the other players who are not having such issues, we may be able to get you boxing.

We normally start with a compatibility diagnostic.
https://isboxer.com/wiki/Diagnostics
<<

takhz

Post Fri Feb 18, 2022 9:56 pm

Hi, I'm the other guy having the same issue.

I did a complete reinstall of ISB and ran through the setup wizard. At the very end of it I was prompted with a window showing two compatibility flags. (By this point I had also completely reinstalled EQ, hopefully you just need to do that with ISB.)
1. DWM8And16BitMitigation
2. HIGHDPIAWARE

It was recommended that I choose "remove" from the drop down to the right of those prompts.

Doing that and starting my games up using the Everquest Client instead of the Everquest Launcher in the game profile settings returned my window functionality. Switching back to the launcher immediately brought back the same bug.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sat Feb 19, 2022 8:05 am

Get the compatibility diagnostic as the settings being referred to above are visible in that, and do not require any reinstalling to locate. It is possible the Launcher for the game is injecting the DWMMitigation setting dynamically, which is the one which would likely be causing the lack of window management.

Return to EverQuest