FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Anyone getting suspended?

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Kialya

Post Sat Feb 05, 2022 12:06 pm

Anyone getting suspended?

**People using software that could be considered cheat/hacks** are getting suspended left and right - anyone only using ISBoxer getting suspended?
Last edited by bob on Sat Feb 05, 2022 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sat Feb 05, 2022 4:11 pm

Re: Anyone getting suspended?

Kialya wrote:anyone only using ISBoxer getting suspended?
Not that anyone has reported to us.
<<

Prepared

Post Tue Apr 19, 2022 8:24 pm

Kialya wrote:**People using software that could be considered cheat/hacks** are getting suspended left and right - anyone only using ISBoxer getting suspended?

There have been several people that reported on the Everquest forums about this. I had reservations that they didn't really use only ISBoxer until it happened to me. I can 100% confirm this is what happened to me. I was only using ISBoxer and received a 7 day suspension on the 8th of April. Upon opening an appeal, none of the GMs tell you what you did wrong. It appears that they don't allow the use of any third party software that interacts with the game even on standard servers which is where I play. There is a post made in March that constitutes cheating and it doesn't include keyboard broadcasting nor multiboxing. But the wording is such that anyone can interpret it to mean that ISBoxer is no longer allowed. This is the link: https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/ind ... ng.281242/
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Tue Apr 19, 2022 9:14 pm

Thank you for sharing your experience.

As we said to you on Discord the other day, sometimes it is less about what software or hardware you're using or not using, and more about what you're doing or what effect you're having in the game. In other words, sometimes nobody gives a shit that you're only using ISBoxer to do whatever it is you're doing. EverQuest was known for its "play nice policy" for example (thus the tongue-in-cheek EQPlayNice software) which says they'll do something if you're not playing nice.

The wording of any game's EULA is such that anyone can interpret it to mean that things are not allowed, in fact some people believe "third party software is not allowed" without knowing what third party software means; they can ban you if they want to, for pretty much any reason.

Regardless of your experience, it is evident from everyone else that they are not auto-banning or mass-banning for using ISBoxer as you suggest.

Return to EverQuest