learfoolDOC

Post Thu Apr 22, 2021 10:18 pm

Issues Getting Started

So game is Everquest
Not live version but rather emulated
the al' kabor project, working well from shortcut
fresh copy of inner space and isboxer
add game, drag executable from shortcut, no parameters involved, no PATCHME
it automatically has 2 profiles under inner space configuration, game configuration
"Everquest Client" and "Default Profile"
Right click IS and try to launch first one profile and then the other to see if game will even launch before setting up characters and sets
both will seem to launch login as per normal but when I mouse click in a few screens and get to where I need to enter password the keyboard is not working
typically when I hit escape client will back out and eventually close... not responding to any key press at all
mouse still working fine
obviously cannot get in with no keypresses to enter password and cannot play with mouse only... so I get out
start isboxer and add characters and character set through wizard
use IS to try to launch a team of 3, as well as each single slot individually
always can get into client with functional mouse but no functional keypresses limiting entering password
When I launch client outside of IS still works great and keyboard works great

Is it possible that IS does not work with the eq client used by the al' kabor project?
<<

learfoolDOC

Post Thu Apr 22, 2021 10:30 pm

Re: Issues Getting Started

also... I forgot
when keyboard not working tried Shift Alt "M", Shift Alt "R", Ctrl Shift Alt "G" to see if some kind of mapping or repeating is messing up keyboard entry and it does not seem to change anything, still cannot enter password
<<

learfoolDOC

Post Sun Apr 25, 2021 5:12 pm

So windowed launcher still doing same thing... mouse works, but keyboard will not let me enter password and does not seem to respond to much... BUT I thought to try the windows key and that does bring up the start menu, so keyboard is working outside the app, but not inside
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Tue Apr 27, 2021 11:01 pm

It is possible it just wont work with that client. Compatibility is maintained with Live.

Return to EverQuest