FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

How to setup a cleric

Moderator: MiRai

<<

intered

Post Sun Apr 04, 2021 4:03 am

How to setup a cleric

Hi Guys,

Got my basic setup up and running and works oke. But I would like to replace a merc healer for a cleric. But kind of wondering... how to setup a cleric so that it does not only can heal the MT and also the other characters in the group? What kind of buttons / macro do you need in game and how to set it up in ISboxer?

Hope someone can share some light on this?
Last edited by intered on Fri Apr 09, 2021 5:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
<<

Slatil

Post Mon Apr 05, 2021 6:26 am

Re: SK, Necro, Mage and Bard setup

i dont have a template for you but i would be willing to help you out shoot me a tell in game ;t slatil.bristle
<<

Throg123

Post Thu Apr 15, 2021 4:15 pm

Re: How to setup a cleric

As a general statement, I always start off creating the in-game socials/macros needed to perform the actions I want ISBoxer to eventually call. So if you desire to have a particular character (e.g. cleric) cast a particular spell (e.g. Heal) on another group member (e.g. Tank), create a social in-game that does just that. Make sure it works there first.

For example:
Fast Heal for First Party Member
HotBar 1, Slot 1 (In game Key Bind of Alt+Shift+1)

/target FirstPartyMemberName
/pause 55,/cast 1
/assist TankName

Once confirmed to work in game, then work on getting ISBoxer to send the in game keybind for that social to the appropriate slot.

For example:
Configure a KeyMap to send "Alt+Shift+1" to the ISboxer slot the cleric is using.

"Fast Heal 01" KeyMap
When "`" is pressed send "Alt+Shift+1" to {slot 1}

Once ISBoxer is sending the appropriate key bindings to the appropriate slot, then you can work on integrating that KeyMap with whatever rotation setup you eventually might have.

"Sample Combat" Rotation Key Map
Step 1 - Do mapped key "Fast Heal"
Step 2 - Do mapped key "DPS Spell"

Etc.

You can tweak those even further by virtualizing rotations from say Combat rotations to Healing rotations and back, but that's a whole other set of topics.

Overall, I have found that when using ISBoxer in EQ, you will end up with many socials in the game itself and those must work before you worry about ISBoxer. The key is to minimize the rework across your toons and to try and put most of the grunt work/logic within ISBoxer. Firescue17 created a great series of articles that still hold up after all of these years and is the go to for me whenever I climb back on the EQ multibox train.

Return to EverQuest