FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

DxNothing Leaves blank field showing desktop background

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Damion1984

Post Thu Sep 10, 2020 4:34 pm

DxNothing Leaves blank field showing desktop background

Hi,

I am BRAND NEW to ISBoxer. I followed the directions on how to set up Dxnothing from Multiboxology, hoping to set up an image of my extra two toons in my three toon (2 monitor) set up. I have the banner at the bottom of my screen, like I wanted, but, it does not show me the feeds of my characters so I can click and select the active screen. Mainly, it is just black, except I can see the green tool bar from ISBoxer. Also, I find changing between characters is SUPER glitchy, often I will have to click on the taskbar tab about 4 times and then click inside the window repeatedly before I can do what I want, it keeps changing to other windows. Can anyone assist?

I tried to paste the toolkit, but it was too large...
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Thu Sep 10, 2020 5:26 pm

Re: DxNothing Leaves blank field showing desktop background

1. Really need to see your profile. You can use https://paste.isboxer.com If it is too large for that already (for a new boxer), then there are serious issues.
2. Sounds like in your window layout, all the stacked games window regions are all set to Always On Top. They all need to be ALways On Top = OFF. If you have many windows all vying to be on top, there is a cat fight.
3. If the DXNothing is blank, it is usually because your positioning of the viewers is not correct. Put the first one at position 0,0.
4. if 3 didn't help, then it is more than likely the viewers are not being created. So, it would really help if you do No.1
<<

Damion1984

Post Thu Sep 10, 2020 5:43 pm

I will take a look...here is the data...I DO think you might be right about the always on top

https://ybin.me/p/384d597aa67755c4#ledx ... jr/f70brY=
<<

bob

Post Thu Sep 10, 2020 6:06 pm

Several things.

1. The region for the DXNothing should be in it's own swap group OR, the swap group it is in, needs to have NO REGION for the Active Region and Reset Region. Otherwise it will be scaled and everything will look funny.
2. Yes, I am right about the Always on top settings. Region 2 and 3, need to be Always On Top = Off. The others wont matter as they don't have other windows stacked.
3. I am also right about your positions for the viewers. The position is relative to top left of the DXNothing Window. Not the monitor position, the within this window position. Top left of the DXNothing window is 0,0 within the DXNothing window. Set your viewers potion as though the top left is 0,0.
<<

Damion1984

Post Fri Sep 11, 2020 6:20 am

It is getting better, thank you Bob :D. I am, however, still having a terrible time getting the viewers working, with the following issues:

1) I can now see my one feed at the bottom left-hand corner (0,0), but I would like to be able to click on that video fx to mainscreen that account (on the second monitor, bring up to the larger viewing area). I thought checking the "Enable Video FX Focus Hotkey" option in the Key Maps area would accomplish this, but...no luck
2) I still cannot see the second feed at the bottom. Any positioning changes I make still result in blackness.

Updated link
https://ybin.me/p/961b7e5099e07b2c#sSXz ... HTiFdNIGc=
<<

bob

Post Sat Sep 12, 2020 3:48 am

The VideoFX hotkey is ALT+Mouse1. This is set on the character set level.

Positioning of viewers should be reasonably simple, and from what I can see look right to me. If in doubt, offset the one you can see and put the one you cannot at 0,0 First thing is to make it appear. Once you can see it, moving it is much easier.

Return to EverQuest