FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Creating Custom Keymap Free-Target AE left mouse click

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Crumb3

Post Fri Aug 21, 2020 9:38 am

Creating Custom Keymap Free-Target AE left mouse click

Hey Folks,

I've been using ISBoxer now for 2 Years. I am pretty comfortable with creating custom keymap hotkeys; however, I can not find any reference to creating a custom hotkey keymap that will allow me to cast my paladin's free-target AE splash cure spell AND left mouse click with the same keypress. (would be bonus IF I could left click it on my TARGET everytime as well :P but would settle for just the left mouse click after casting it).

I would love any input on this.

Thanks in advance!

Crumb
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Fri Aug 21, 2020 9:58 am

Re: Creating Custom Keymap Free-Target AE left mouse click

Use the Mapped Key Wizard, and choose the Broadcast plus Click type. This will setup a mapped key which you can have a nosey at to see how it is done.

This covers it in video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PsAIukHgWgo
<<

Crumb3

Post Fri Aug 21, 2020 10:59 am

Bob,

TYVM... I will get to this ASAP! And if/when it works... I would give you a big kiss IRL :P... just kidding, but seriously 2 years I hesitated making a paladin because I couldn't figure out how to manage this... it will be AMAZING if it works!
<<

Crumb3

Post Fri Aug 21, 2020 11:08 am

Bob,

so it didn't send the "next click" as a "left mouse click"... any ideas?

also noted: I just read the description, it says "until I click"... what I would LOVE to happen is that by press the " 1 " key, it would "cast PBAE free-target spell" AND "also press the left click mouse key" simultaneously (or in 2 keypresses)

does that make more sense? (by casting the spell it "automatically" already puts the "click" target out there, so I want it to actually "press the left mouse key" with a keypress instead)
<<

bob

Post Fri Aug 21, 2020 11:30 am

The next click is usually because you need to place the spell. If you don't care where it is placed, you can use a Keystroke Action which sends Mouse1.
<<

Crumb3

Post Fri Aug 21, 2020 11:50 am

bob wrote:The next click is usually because you need to place the spell. If you don't care where it is placed, you can use a Keystroke Action which sends Mouse1.

Hey Bob, thanks for chiming in yet again... so i tried to send the left mouse click as a key stroke on an individual step within the mapped keypress... i am getting no luck on it actually "pressing left mouse click" within the game once the spell PBAE / free-target ground target is showing...

any other suggestions?
<<

bob

Post Fri Aug 21, 2020 4:23 pm

You may need to break up whatever you are doing so the spell has a chance to execute, and get in the state it wants a left click.

You may also need to consider where the cursor actually is. When you send a left click (mouse1) to the game, that does not magically move the cursor. So if the cursor is not where you expect, then it may be clicking something else.

However, to testing, I would use a mapped key with 2 steps.

Step 1
Sync Cursor Action -> target windows
Keystroke Action -> to trigger PBAE spell -> target windows

Step 1
Keystroke Action -> Mouse 1 -> target windows.

Now, for the first run, I would left this as two steps. Position the mouse on the main, Press the hotkey the first time, make sure the targeting circle appears, press hotkey again for the mouse click, see if the spell goes off.
If it does, then you might consider changing the mapped key option for "execute a step when I", to the "press OR release" option, which will do step 1 on press, and step 2 on release. Then figure out how long you have to hold down the key before letting it go.

If the first run is not successful, then there is something else missing from this process. Like an in game entity to be targeted ?
<<

Crumb3

Post Fri Aug 21, 2020 10:11 pm

Bob,

Bob it worked! I believe the sync cursor action was the KEY! Thank you so very much sir! Have a great day =)

Crumb

p.s.-- it's working so great! that NOW i owe you that big hug n kiss LOL :P jk, but serioulsy THANK YOU! I might now have to reconsider changing up my 6-box LOL

Return to EverQuest