FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Healing a Target with a pet (Clickbar Mapped Key)

Moderator: MiRai

<<

tapion2gift

Post Wed May 06, 2020 11:48 am

Healing a Target with a pet (Clickbar Mapped Key)

Hello!
First post here! woo

I'm a tad new to making click bars, but essentially what i've done is similar to what Uggums made, a videofx with clear click bars to make instant click target/heal macros
using the F1-F6 for targeting and making a two action step i can make a one click heal from the drivers tab.

Here's an Example of what my mapped key looks like for the click bar.
G1 H1 (Player Slot 6 targets Player Slot 1 and casts spell gem 1)
Steps
1: F2->6
Alt+1->6

Its working great! problem i'm facing now is that because when you hit the Fkey twice in a row of a party member with a pet, it targets their pet. this becomes a problem when you already have that person targeted, and press the button again. it targets their pet and heals it. then cycles back to the owner.
any way around this? i've done some google searches and found a post about making a macro about targeting a persons pet...but i always just changed the pets name to a static one using the in game item to get around that =P

Thank you!
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sat May 09, 2020 8:03 pm

Re: Healing a Target with a pet (Clickbar Mapped Key)

idk if a /tar command would work better ?
<<

Throg123

Post Mon May 11, 2020 11:42 pm

Here's how I handle, or I should say avoid pet targeting issues.

I do not target the same party member over and over between each cast of a spell. I target a party member once, go through a series of one or more healing spells, then once healing is no longer needed, I go back to assisting the Main Assist in the group. Details/examples below…

I have a "SPAM" Key Map using the ` key. This SPAM key map executes a Virtual Combat Key Map which in turn gets virtualized into one of several potential "Rotation" key maps I've created by the use of a "Cycle Rotation" key map (more info below). Each rotation key map has a corresponding rotation reset key map to help, yep you guessed it, reset the rotation key map back to a starting position. Useful for a new set of mobs encountered, resetting DoTs, or if going from a typical single pull to suddenly needing to handle 5-6 using AOE and then going back to single pulls, etc.

The "Cycle Rotation" key map I mentioned previously handles situations like Trash, Named, AOE, Undead, Oh Crap moments. This key map has a step per rotation with each step setting the virtualized combat key map to a specific rotation key map (Rotation: Trash, Rotation: Named, etc.). Thus I'll cycle through to the rotation desired using NUM7, and when I start pressing my SPAM key, everyone starts activating their assigned rotation key map/steps/actions.

Now when it comes time to heal in the middle of combat, I have a separate key map setup for each group member labeled "Heal ST 01" through "Heal ST 06". Each one has been assigned to a separate NUM key, specifically NUM1 through NUM6.

When NUM# is pressed, this will do the following actions in Step 1: (Dropping out of Combat mode and into Healing mode)

1) Virtualizes the Combat Rotation key map to "Rotation: Healing Single Target" key map for all members of the "Healing" ATG.
2) Virtualizes the Combat Rotation Reset key map to "Rotation: Healing Single Target Reset" key map for all members of the "Healing" ATG.
3) Adjusts the healer(s)'s ATG by leaving "Combat" ATG for all members of the "Healing" ATG.
a. This allows me to set ahead of time who and how many potential healers I want. I play with a CLR, DRU & SHM within my six characters, so I don't always want or need three healers.
4) Target Slot # for all members of the "Healing" ATG.
5) There are also a set of Mapped Key Step Actions that reset the other five Healing ST key maps (e.g. Heal ST 01, etc.) to Step 1.
a. This allows the healer(s) to switch between party members (using Action #04 above) while remaining in healing mode. All the while only targeting the group member once.

When I press the same NUM# button a second time in a row, it activates Step 2: (Dropping out of Healing mode and into Combat mode)

1) Virtualizes the Combat Rotation key map back to an appropriate rotation like "Rotation: Trash".
2) Virtualizes the Combat Reset key map to "Rotation: Trash Reset".
3) Adds anyone already a member of the Healing ATG back into the Combat ATG.
4) Assists whomever is in the Group's Main Assist role.
*-Note that with the Mapped Key Step Actions in Step 1, the primary way for healers to get back into Combat/DPS mode is to press the same NUM# key twice in a row.

Example Scenario:

Let's say my CLR (SLOT 3) is currently setup to act as a Healer and has been made a member of the Healing ATG during group formation. Combat starts. I'm pressing my ` Spam key and each toon is activating and processing their "Rotation: Trash" key map as expected. Then the WAR (SLOT 1) takes damage that requires healing. I press NUM1, activating Step 1 in the "Heal ST 01" key map. This drops the CLR from the Combat ATG, remaps their rotation from "Rotation: Trash" to "Rotation: Healing Single Target". As I continue to press my Spam key, the CLR has now targeted the WAR and is rotating through his healing AAs & spells. At this point the CLR is effectively in healing mode, no longer focused on DPS.

Once in healing mode, I have a few options, based upon my needs…

If the WAR needs more healing, I just leave it as is. The CLR is casting his healing AAs & spells as quickly as the timers allow. The "Heal ST 01" key map has advanced and is waiting for a keypress to activate Step 2. CLR remains in healing mode.

If someone else needs healing (say the NEC (SLOT 6)), I merely have to press NUM6 activating the "Heal ST 06" key map. The CLR targets the NEC, continues to spam the "Rotation: Healing Single Target" key map, and the remaining "Heal ST ##" key maps are reset back to Step 1 (including the previously activated Heal ST 01). The "Heal ST 06" has advanced and is waiting for a keypress to activate Step 2. CLR remains in healing mode.

Once healing is no longer needed, I merely press the last NUM# I pressed to activate Step 2 of the "Heal ST ##" key map and then then CLR is now set to activate their Combat rotation. Using the example above, if I left off healing the NEC (SLOT6), I only need to press the NUM6 key a second time in a row to activate Step 2 of the "Heal ST 06" key map. The CLR will begin using "Rotation: Trash" and is now in combat mode.

That's a long winded explanation but I wanted to show that with the system above I avoid any pet targeting issue(s). I fully realize this isn't for everyone but maybe it will give you some ideas on how to proceed further.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Tue May 12, 2020 12:05 am

I guess I could probably mention, in LOTRO which also has this same behaviour, I make the healer target themselves first, before the toon to be healed.

Return to EverQuest