FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Everquest EQEMU dinput8.dll Issue

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Caiden7553

Post Thu May 07, 2020 1:54 am

Everquest EQEMU dinput8.dll Issue

Hello,

I play on an EQEMU Everquest server. As part of their install they provide a custom dinput8.dll which fixes a major issue with the HP bar registering correctly in the game. However, when I try to launch eqgame.exe from IsBoxer it fails to launch. When I remove the custom dinput8.dll IsBoxer can launch the game, but that forces the issue of playing with the HP bar bug. Any thoughts to working around this issue? I tried to redirect IsBoxer to use the custom dinput8.dll (not even sure if this would work), but regardless of where I put the file, or how I set registry settings per Windows redirection DLL guides, IsBoxer still reads dinput8.dll from windows system files.

Any support would be appreciated.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sat May 09, 2020 8:01 pm

Re: Everquest EQEMU dinput8.dll Issue

Sounds like normal DLL hell.

In order to do what it does, the redirects on the dll so InnerSpace can load itself, mean it has to explicitly load the DLLs from their known locations. To avoid DLL hell, those known locations are usually the generic Windows folders.

You keep saying you tried to redirect ISBoxer. ISBoxer is an InnerSpace process. It is InnerSpace that loads dlls. Are you trying to redirect the wrong thing?
<<

Caiden7553

Post Sun May 10, 2020 6:01 pm

I was attempting to redirect InnerSpace.exe using the process described here https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/window ... edirection. Is there another executable I should be looking at?
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sun May 10, 2020 9:04 pm

InnerSpace is overriding LoadLibrary because it needs to in order to load it's own libraries. It is possible that redirection is being overridden.

However, if I was going to try something else, it would be to set an override for eqgame.exe as that is what is needing the special DLL.

If that doesn't work, then it is likely InnerSpace would need better support for overrides.

Return to EverQuest