FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

New to ISBoxer and could use some help

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Bartoss

Post Fri Apr 10, 2020 6:59 pm

New to ISBoxer and could use some help

Hey EQ boxing friends!
So for my birthday this year I decided I was finally going to try and make my life less complicated when it comes to boxing. In order to accomplish this I decided to get year of ISBoxer! I unfortunately think I bit off more than I could possibly learn in just a year. There is so much information out there and after about a week of sorting through, reading everything on the forums, and watching easily 1000 YouTube videos, I figured I would reach out for help. If I have realized one thing about ISBoxer is; the possibilities are endless if you know what you are doing, which I do not.
I am running: Sk / Clr / Brd / Chnt / Mage / Rouge
Ideally I am looking to set up something like this individual has going on: https://youtu.be/iRPTR0CnYyE
This of course is way beyond my skill level so I'd settle for breaking follow before healing, healing click buttons (found a little guide here on the forums I'm going to try tonight), mezzing click buttons, the ability to pull on the bard, and basic agro holding / damaging abilities either in a dungeon or at a camp. If anyone could point me in the direction of some fairly simple to follow tutorials or provide some good guides for beginners tailored to the EQ boxing experience to get started towards that goal I would be extremely grateful!
I realize this is a really big ask in helping me figure all of this out and I want everyone to know that I appreciate the time that you've already put into reading this.
Thank you so much for any help you guys are willing to send my way!
-Bartoss
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Tue Apr 21, 2020 11:52 pm

Re: New to ISBoxer and could use some help

I don't know of any tutorials geared directly at EQ players (I have not played EQ, myself), and I know you said you've watched 1,000 YouTube videos, but my General MMORPG Setup video is aimed at anyone looking to use ISBoxer with an MMORPG (that doesn't already have its own setup video on my channel). After that, I'd suggest learning how to use Mapped Keys because everything revolves around them, but beyond that it's going to depend on the direction you want to move.
<<

firescue17

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sat May 23, 2020 11:53 am

MiRai wrote:I don't know of any tutorials geared directly at EQ players ...

/giganticsadfaceemoji ... I've been monitoring, updating, and responding to PMs on various forums about the ISBoxing EverQuest guide for 8 years.
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Mon May 25, 2020 10:53 pm

firescue17 wrote:

/giganticsadfaceemoji ... I've been monitoring, updating, and responding to PMs on various forums about the ISBoxing EverQuest guide for 8 years.

Yes, but to expand upon what I meant is that there aren't any tutorials (that I know of) that are specifically aimed at getting new players set up with EQ1 using the Quick Setup Wizard. Personally, I don't like to point new players to your gargantuan profile, because I feel that people should have some prior knowledge with ISBoxer basics before attempting to decode anything that's happening in there. Not to mention, I can't provide any support for that profile, while I can provide support for the standard, everyday configuration that the Wizard creates.
<<

firescue17

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Tue May 26, 2020 11:23 am

MiRai wrote:
firescue17 wrote:

Yes, but to expand upon what I meant is that there aren't any tutorials (that I know of) that are specifically aimed at getting new players set up with EQ1 using the Quick Setup Wizard. Personally, I don't like to point new players to your gargantuan profile, because I feel that people should have some prior knowledge with ISBoxer basics before attempting to decode anything that's happening in there. Not to mention, I can't provide any support for that profile, while I can provide support for the standard, everyday configuration that the Wizard creates.

I know, Mirai ... I was just playing :D . It's not easy to use. But it does still work (at least in theory, I doubt the .XML is compatible anymore). I was in the process of converting it over to play more nicely with the Quick Setup Wizard when EQ yanked the carpet out from under the FTP features for secondary (legal) boxes.

I do have forum notifications turned on and still check in periodically to fix broken links and see if there have been any drastic changes that would drastically ruin the conceptualization.
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Wed May 27, 2020 10:06 am

firescue17 wrote:I know, Mirai ... I was just playing :D . It's not easy to use. But it does still work (at least in theory, I doubt the .XML is compatible anymore). I was in the process of converting it over to play more nicely with the Quick Setup Wizard when EQ yanked the carpet out from under the FTP features for secondary (legal) boxes.

I do have forum notifications turned on and still check in periodically to fix broken links and see if there have been any drastic changes that would drastically ruin the conceptualization.

The XML is still compatible, since nothing has changed in that area of ISBoxer since its inception, I do believe.

And just to be clear, I admire the work and effort put into that profile. In the past, I've thought about doing the same thing that you've done, but for WoW, and then I think about having to support it and, well... that's where that ends. :)

Return to EverQuest