FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Everquest does not launch anymore since patch

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Manni

Post Thu Mar 12, 2020 1:15 am

Everquest does not launch anymore since patch

Since the patch last night, Everquest does not start anymore with ISBoxer/Innerspace. The only change was the update of EQ. This happens only on one account. There is no other task/addon/3rdparty running. The Win10system is pure (EQ only to avoid problems with other SW components). I tested the same account on 2 other PCs. If I use it without ISBoxer/Innerspace, everything works. Using ISB/Innerspace stops loading with "Error-timeout occurred". The same PCs are launching other accounts without a problem.

- deleted all ini-files
- setup the account completely new in ISB
- updated from Innerspace 6331 to latest version

nothing helps. The only difference between this account and others which made problems in the past was the fact that the user account name has an underscore "_" in the name like xxxx_yyyyy. This made problems in the past with other programs. This is the only explanation I could find after endless tries.

Any ideas?
<<

Nidane

Post Thu Mar 12, 2020 1:29 am

Re: Everquest does not launch anymore since patch

I have issues after the last patch too, i can launce EQ but it says my account if free to play and all my chars are missing.
If i log in throung the normal eq patcher it works fine and all chars are there.

I also have a "_" in my account name and my 3 other accounts work just fine.
<<

eqplayer

Post Thu Mar 12, 2020 2:31 am

I also have the "Error-timeout occurred" problem on one account. I have no problem when im not useing isboxer. My other three accounts long in like normal via isboxer.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Thu Mar 12, 2020 5:31 am

This sounds like EQ1 issues, I don't see how ISBoxer could do anything account-specific as is being reported, including not listing characters, etc.

If i log in throung the normal eq patcher it works fine and all chars are there.

There have been issues several times in the past, with EQ1, where logging in a character directly via the client does not get treated the same as logging in the same character through the launcher.

If you normally play via the launcher, but with ISBoxer you're only launch the client directly ... I would suggest having ISBoxer launch the EQ launcher instead. You're not making a direct comparison.
<<

Nidane

Post Thu Mar 12, 2020 6:56 am

So i tried having isboxer launch the the eq launcher as suggested and that works.

I have never done that before though and never had issues till last patch but guess the days of skipping the patcher is over hehe.

Thanks for the idea about launching the launcher thought.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Thu Mar 12, 2020 6:59 am

Thank you for confirming the hunch. Hope it helps everyone else as well :)
<<

Manni

Post Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:05 am

Can confirm. Have done a new Everquest profile which starts the launchpad.exe instead of eqgame.exe ONLY for that one account of the countless ones I have. It is working. Why only this one account makes the problem and all the others don't - this is the really strange thing which means to me that something on both sides is borked somehow.

Nevertheless it is at least a workaround to be able to still use ISB/Innerspace. Thank you.
<<

eqplayer

Post Thu Mar 12, 2020 5:08 pm

Seems like there is a bug with special characters in username.
<<

jilazee

Post Fri Mar 13, 2020 7:55 am

Can you provide some information on how you configured your everquest profile with the launcher? I box 30 characters and since the other day, I can't load either of the accounts with an "_" in their name using ISBoxer.

I've never played with the Launcher because ISBoxer doesn't work with it and won't auto fill the account name in each launcher for each chactaer like it does when using the client directly. I can use the Launcher profile to launch them but then I need to type the name and password every time. Before the patch, these details were pulled through from the isboxers virtualized files I'm assuming.

Something between ISBoxer and the Everquest client has broken it seems.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Fri Mar 13, 2020 9:15 am

It is not something between ISBoxer and the Everquest client. You can see exactly the same behavior with an affected account by launching the client directly without ISBoxer. The issue has come up before with EQ1. It has something to do with the login servers treating the logins from the launcher differently from the logins from the client.

This is something you should be asking DBG support about, if you would like a permanent solution. Using the launcher is the only workaround I can provide.

The virtual files for any per-character stored logins supported by the launcher/game should already be added to your character set by default.

You can just change the profile to EverQuest Launcher instead of EverQuest Client for each Character. You can do it just for the affected accounts if you want. Here's a .gif that demonstrates... https://gfycat.com/PoliteQuaintHedgehog
Next

Return to EverQuest