FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Question about key broadcast

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Xukil

Post Tue Feb 18, 2020 4:21 pm

Question about key broadcast

I know you cant use isboxer for automation, but is there a way to make when I hit one button on my main instance it spams the same key two or three times to a different character?

My assist button includes a turn on auto attack on my second, third and fourth instance. I have to hit it two or three times to make it work with everything going on I think the first in, first out input queue gets things screwed up. I see there are steps in the key map, but I'm fairly sure that's for sending to multiple instance at the same time not repeating.

Is there any way to do what I am looking for. ? :eek:
<<

firescue17

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Tue Feb 18, 2020 4:54 pm

Re: Question about key broadcast

Xukil wrote:I know you cant use isboxer for automation ...

No, you can't.

Xukil wrote:... is there a way to make when I hit one button on my main instance it spams the same key two or three times to a different character?

No, you can't.
<<

bob

Post Tue Feb 18, 2020 5:27 pm

firescue17 wrote:
Xukil wrote:... is there a way to make when I hit one button on my main instance it spams the same key two or three times to a different character?

No, you can't.

Well, you can, kindof. Although it would seem reasonably pointless. You can create a mapped key with 3 keystroke actions which all send the same keystroke to the same character. There is no delay configurable between them, so they all essentially arrive at the same time. Which is why it seems pointless.
<<

Xukil

Post Tue Feb 18, 2020 5:48 pm

do you just add step 1, step 2, step 3, all the same with the same target in the keymap? :eek:
<<

bob

Post Tue Feb 18, 2020 7:19 pm

A step is executed on each hotkey press. Actions are in a step.

Whether you add multiple steps depends on what you are trying to achieve.
<<

firescue17

Post Thu Feb 20, 2020 2:11 am

bob wrote:
firescue17 wrote:

No, you can't.

Well, you can, kindof. Although it would seem reasonably pointless. You can create a mapped key with 3 keystroke actions which all send the same keystroke to the same character. There is no delay configurable between them, so they all essentially arrive at the same time. Which is why it seems pointless.

To the best of my knowledge (unless a feature change escaped my attention throughout the ensuing years -- which I doubt since that would require drastic changes to the game engine which "used to be" outside the scope of EQ's game engine), this does not work for EQ. Back in the day, I tried to implement this using a number of variations after seeing it used in other games (Rift, WoW).

Sending multiple keystrokes to the same character simultaneously will cause one of two things to occur:

• Only the first keystroke will be recognized if the ability mapped to said keystroke is available (off cooldown) ... it will never "advance" or execute the second or subsequent keystrokes ...
  • If multiple keystrokes are spammed too quickly, the entire game engine will vomit all over itself, lockup, and outright freeze or crash to Desktop.
Caveat emptor. I haven't played EQ in years; however, I continue to read the patch notes and follow the forums on a semi-regular basis to verify my original methods and tutorials are still applicable.
<<

bob

Post Thu Feb 20, 2020 3:33 am

I bow to your knowledge on this, and highly expect the game would do exactly as you say, and ignore the multiple input (or maybe vomit if you go too far with it). Mainly as it is just like holding down a key.

Obviously the main approach would be to have multiple steps in the mapped key, and just press the hotkey for each step.
<<

firescue17

Post Thu Feb 20, 2020 6:45 am

The only way I could get it to work was to cycle through Mapped Key Steps / Step States using a repeating G15 macro (which was legal at the time for attended gameplay provided one was actually present, sitting at the keyboard and NOT playing on a No Box server).

Daybreak Games may have changed their perspective on that also; however, if so, I'm not aware of that change in perspective from vaguely checking with the forums every few months. Again, play at one's own risk lol :D

Return to EverQuest