FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Keyboard overlay question

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Xukil

Post Tue Feb 18, 2020 4:12 pm

Keyboard overlay question

I took a look at this viewtopic.php?f=44&t=7327 and made my own overlay that is basically a red img that means off and a green img that means on and hover over is black with "DPS" in the middle of it. What its for is every time I hit F1 which is my DPS spam button that's tied to a macro on my mouse that repeats on toggle F1 over and over. I use it so I can attack with my DPS character while I shift my attention to my support characters in a four box setup.

Long story short its used as an overlay for the status of my DPS button, it works fine when I spam the hell out of it with a low delay in the macro. I have recently tried to increase the time delay between clicks to reduce some of the input queue workload. but the button shows more off than on.

longer story shorter.

Is there any way to have that overlay setup that includes two files MiRai added keep the image from changing back with some kind of delay basically if I press f1 every 1/4 second the image shifts from red to green. as soon as the button goes up it shifts back to red. I'd like to be able to keep the green image displayed longer then the key is pressed. so it stays constant green while f1 is spammed. right now it flickers like crazy and I forget to turn it off.

secondarily my left and right monitor are on the same computer with full screen windowless setups. I have F1 piped to both characters no matter which screen I am on. the overlay button is on the left screen but if im on the right screen and that window is active my spam button works just fine but the overlay doesn't change. is there anyway to make that work where either screens input will show up on the main screens keyboard overlay? :eek:

I assume that the answer is just no but I wanted to check anyway, thanks in advance.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Tue Feb 18, 2020 7:26 pm

Re: Keyboard overlay question

Xukil wrote:Is there any way to have that overlay setup that includes two files MiRai added keep the image from changing back with some kind of delay basically if I press f1 every 1/4 second the image shifts from red to green. as soon as the button goes up it shifts back to red. I'd like to be able to keep the green image displayed longer then the key is pressed. so it stays constant green while f1 is spammed. right now it flickers like crazy and I forget to turn it off.
You can set Timers on certain actions that only affect ISBoxer configuration, such as displaying different graphics on menus/clickbars.
e.g.
Image You can use this to change the image, after a period of time.

Xukil wrote:secondarily my left and right monitor are on the same computer with full screen windowless setups. I have F1 piped to both characters no matter which screen I am on. the overlay button is on the left screen but if im on the right screen and that window is active my spam button works just fine but the overlay doesn't change. is there anyway to make that work where either screens input will show up on the main screens keyboard overlay?

Yes. You can use a mapped key to load the menu/clickbar on the current window using the appropriate State action. You can also use State Actions to unload the clickbar/menu on other windows. You can also use change button actions to change the menu buttons on any window you like using the Target for the action. If you want the overlay to only display on the active window, then you need to set up a mapped key to load on the current window and unload on all other windows when you swap to the character. Which is an option for each slot on a character set.
<<

Xukil

Post Tue Feb 18, 2020 11:19 pm

This keyboard overlay shows up as a menu not really a hotbar. I might be missing something though. It was a few years ago that I implemented it. :eek:
<<

bob

Post Wed Feb 19, 2020 6:34 am

I said "menus/clickbars" even if I only showed the picture of the clickbar button action. For menus, you use a menu button action instead.
<<

Xukil

Post Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:20 pm

im completely lost here and I cant seem to get my pastebin password reset to post my setup. I tried adding a menu action/Menu button action to the button set with and without images with a timer and nothing changes. Ive added the menu action thing to the hotkey itself. I am not smart enough to understand what going on here. :eek:

ISBoxerToolkitProfile.png
ISBoxerToolkitProfile.png (38.85 KiB) Viewed 10992 times

ISBoxerToolkitProfile 2.png
ISBoxerToolkitProfile 2.png (23.52 KiB) Viewed 10992 times
<<

bob

Post Thu Feb 20, 2020 1:01 am

So you will want to have only a single timer, so set that to a maximum of 1.
You also dont change anything? Where do you change the images to be something different to other than what they are?
If the "change" action sets the same state as the initial state (i.e. you are using the same images in the default starting state as the change button state), how do you know it changes anything when the timer executes?

The action you have created is on the button, so it wont even setup the action, or the timer until you click on the button to do something, then 5 seconds later it will run the action. Usually there will be "two" actions. First action changes the images or text, or colour, or something to be something other than what you've initially configured. No Timer on this. This is so you can see you've clicked on it (beyond the mouseover/pressed) e.g. the "unavailable" image. Second action changes the details back to original settings (eg. Available again). Timer on this second action. Also, you don't need the re-occurring option. Thats just asking for trouble without some Timer Reset actions somewhere else. If you set the maximum of 1, with Replace then every time you click on the button, it will restart the 5 second countdown.
<<

Xukil

Post Thu Feb 20, 2020 7:26 pm

I have it back to just flashing green and red every second with whats shown below. I made the button in its normal unused state with the mouseover graphic, an action with no timer to change to the green/go state and another action with a delay for the return to normal state. Ive gotten it to show green for the delay once then the next time I hit f1 it will just flash once for every button press.

what I am looking to do is when I spam f1 have it change from red to green and stay green for some time. I think a 1/2 second should do it. so there might be 3 or 4 f1 presses but the button stays green the whole time instead of flashing.

I do hate to be a PITA. This would just make my gaming 100x smoother as I use the mice for everything. I am on three computers with keys broadcast from one machine to another through my network. I use mice macros and keyboard macros to do everything. I have a good system. I just dont have any feedback for when my spam key is active. since three characters abilities are based on endurance and wasted abilities cost endurance so feedback when the spam button is on would be very helpful. If I could get it move the button to whatever screen is active when it gets focus that would be amazing.(I am not holding my breath on that one though).

ISBoxerToolkitProfile 1.png
ISBoxerToolkitProfile 1.png (33.25 KiB) Viewed 10981 times

ISBoxerToolkitProfile 2.png
ISBoxerToolkitProfile 2.png (51.17 KiB) Viewed 10981 times

ISBoxerToolkitProfile 3.png
ISBoxerToolkitProfile 3.png (50.99 KiB) Viewed 10981 times
<<

bob

Post Thu Feb 20, 2020 8:42 pm

You first action needs to have the Background image set. The pressed and mouseover are just pretty features where you might do a slight colour variation to one, show the mouse button is currently held down, and two that the mouse is hovering over the button. The Background option is going to be the state of the button for the seconds until the second action comes along and changes it to red (notwithstanding whatever the mouseover and pressed things are doing). Simply, you've set the Green_Go in Background Pressed, when it should just be Background.

Yes, if you spam it, as long as your second action has Timer settings of only 1 timer, and replace existing timers (which it does) it will behave as you want.
<<

Xukil

Post Thu Feb 20, 2020 8:52 pm

Sweet thanks, I bow to your wisdom, oh great multi-boxing god in the sky.

In retrospect I am not sure why I thought it needed to be in background. It makes total sense now. :eek:
<<

Xukil

Post Fri May 21, 2021 5:20 pm

bob, Attached should be my configuration.

https://pastebin.com/embed_js/mgNaQ2A4

I recently built a new computer I cant seem to get the timer to work my DPS indicator keyboard overlay menu toggles from green to red but the timer on the last step doesnt do anything. I set it to 60 seconds and it toggles back right away.

Any Ideas?? :eek:
Next

Return to EverQuest