FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Trouble getting started

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Olivia

Post Fri Jan 03, 2020 6:21 am

Trouble getting started

Hi there,

I'm trying to get started, and i used the set up wizard, but when i login into game, things like cntrl shift F dont automatically have my charcters to all follow, any help would be greatly appreciated.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Fri Jan 03, 2020 7:41 am

Re: Trouble getting started

EQ may require a bit more setup.

1. you need to be grouped up
2. that group usually needs to be formed in a consistent order every time, i.e. toon in slot 1 invites all other toons (usually slot2, slot3, slot4, slot5 etc), and then each slot accepts invite in order e.g. slot2 first, slot3 next etc.
3. the in game keybindings need to be configured for Select Party Member 1, 2, 3, 4, etc. These are usually F1, F2, F3, F4, etc by default.
4. you need to have an in game social (or two - I forget for EQ if a standard keybind already exists). One for /assist and one for /follow (just plain socials, no names). These should have simple keybinds (no modifiers)
5. Under In ISBoxer, under Variable keystrokes, make sure the Follow Target and Assist Target are set to use the same key as per your in game keybinds for the follow and assist socials.

After that it may involve tweaking a bit of the ISBoxer configuration to suit. This is usually the per slot variable keystrokes for Target Party Member. This is usually noticable because when you attempt an Assist or Follow (the default ISBoxer hotkeys are ALT+A and ALT+F respectively, although you may have changed that), the slave toons end up assisting or following the wrong party member. Either because items 1 and 2 above are not done properly or your particular group party order ends up a little different to expected.
<<

Olivia

Post Fri Jan 03, 2020 11:00 am

bob wrote:EQ may require a bit more setup.

1. you need to be grouped up
2. that group usually needs to be formed in a consistent order every time, i.e. toon in slot 1 invites all other toons (usually slot2, slot3, slot4, slot5 etc), and then each slot accepts invite in order e.g. slot2 first, slot3 next etc.
3. the in game keybindings need to be configured for Select Party Member 1, 2, 3, 4, etc. These are usually F1, F2, F3, F4, etc by default.
4. you need to have an in game social (or two - I forget for EQ if a standard keybind already exists). One for /assist and one for /follow (just plain socials, no names). These should have simple keybinds (no modifiers)
5. Under In ISBoxer, under Variable keystrokes, make sure the Follow Target and Assist Target are set to use the same key as per your in game keybinds for the follow and assist socials.

After that it may involve tweaking a bit of the ISBoxer configuration to suit. This is usually the per slot variable keystrokes for Target Party Member. This is usually noticable because when you attempt an Assist or Follow (the default ISBoxer hotkeys are ALT+A and ALT+F respectively, although you may have changed that), the slave toons end up assisting or following the wrong party member. Either because items 1 and 2 above are not done properly or your particular group party order ends up a little different to expected.

I must be missing something, is there a way I can send my configuration to you?
<<

Olivia

Post Sat Jan 04, 2020 9:05 am

Bump?
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sat Jan 04, 2020 10:01 am

Yes, you can share your config, as per the announcement shown at the top of every forum or via this handy link. viewtopic.php?f=6&t=13

Return to EverQuest