FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

EQemu server ************** supported ?

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Adonhiram

Post Fri Mar 17, 2023 4:07 am

EQemu server ************** supported ?

Hello guys,

I reactivated my ISBoxer/Lavisoft account as I restarted playing EQ on an emu server called **************.

I followed the usual procédure of selecting the Everquest default profile and creating a set of characters (ISBoxer automatically recognized them all).

But when trying to activate the set (which I only want for the windows layout and the occasional broadcasting), I repetedly get the same error :

So my first question of course is whether ISBoxer supports EQemu servers at all. If yes, wha does the error code mean, I don't understand the authorization/port thing, the Bitdefender firewall reported no issue and allowed ISB to access Internet.

Any idea please ?
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Fri Mar 17, 2023 6:01 am

Re: EQemu server ************** supported ?

Adonhiram wrote: whether ISBoxer supports EQemu servers at all
Yes. ISBoxer supports games. It doesn't care who runs the game. There is a chance that a non official server required version of the game has been modded such that it is not supported, but that is because there would be changes to it that are not representative of the official game (this is fairly rare). We don't test private server installs to see if that is the case.

Adonhiram wrote:wha does the error code mean
It appears that there is something preventing InnerSpace from phoning home. As this happens before the game is loaded, I would be suspecting your local firewall/security software or something further up the chain. A google search indicates that it is most likely BitDefender but you may have other similar things installed too.
<<

Adonhiram

Post Fri Mar 17, 2023 11:27 pm

Thank you for your answer I'll look deeper into Bitdefender and NordVPN which are my security sofwares.

Apologies for quoting the name of the emu server, I wasn't aware this is against fourm policy, I see you've edited it, no problem.

The server I play on uses RoF2 client, shouldn't raise issues with ISBoxer I think.
<<

Adonhiram

Post Sat Mar 18, 2023 5:11 am

Thanks for the advice, problem solved, it was indeed Bitdefender.

Return to EverQuest