FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

ISBoxer and Windows 7 Compatibility

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Hippy Slayer

Post Sat Oct 01, 2022 10:47 pm

ISBoxer and Windows 7 Compatibility

Not sure if this is the correct spot, but wasn't sure if this was a game issue, or an Innerspace, or...

Anyway, I use an old Windows 7 pc to run two accounts on Everquest, as my laptop just can't seem to run four and Innerspace very well. :( Took a break over the summer, and now I can get as far as selecting the server I wish to log onto, and after a few seconds, the EQ client closes for all accounts launched. :( I can launch EQ and log in that way, but not when innerspace launches those accounts. I"ve tried rolling innerspace back some that didn't seem to work, and uninstall and installing from the orginal install file, only updated me to the current version when launched with no choice to hold off on that.. :( I'm guessing it has something to do with the fact that Win7 has reached it EOL and big brother Microsoft said you shal no longer support or else, or words to that effect. :p

Thanks in advance
H.S.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sun Oct 02, 2022 3:49 am

Re: ISBoxer and Windows 7 Compatibility

Win7 compatibility is best effort, but no longer actively verified.

That said, there was some work done on build 6921 back in April for Win7 which would be the one to confirm whether it works or not.

Run the command
Code:
"%programdata%\Lavish Software\utils\lavishbuild" install innerspace live "1.19 build 6921"
from your run box (WIN+R). Include all the quotes
<<

Hippy Slayer

Post Sun Oct 02, 2022 11:48 pm

Re: ISBoxer and Windows 7 Compatibility

Thank you Bob, that did the trick. :)

Have to fix a few key maps to point to the right computer/character now, but that won't take long.. Haven't gotten out of the guild hall yet, it's very dangerous to go out into the wild, with not making sure all the key maps work as designed. :p

I also did and proally didn't need to, but I rolled back both boxes to be on the same innerspace build.

Anyway, I'm back and running again. :)

Thanks again
H. S.

Return to EverQuest