FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

What am I doing wrong?

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Dokky

Post Mon Sep 12, 2022 8:08 pm

What am I doing wrong?

I may give to must information but here goes.

I setup an internal EQ1 server at the house, basically just like Project 1999. I am trying to get this software setup so I can 6 box some mages. I have each game in its own folder for example EQ1, EQ2, EQ3 etc. I setup each game in Inner Space by selecting the batch file that has to be run to launch the program. I then went into ISBoxer Toolkit and made my party. I think I have those setting right but when I try to run the character set from the Inner Space menu nothing happens. I am tested and if i select each one from the menu and not the char set they launch. But then I get no mouse control, however I see the mouse curse.

What am I screwing up here.

UPDATE:

I found one, the very first, game that will not launch but the others will.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Mon Sep 12, 2022 8:42 pm

Re: What am I doing wrong?

Dokky wrote:I have each game in its own folder for example EQ1, EQ2, EQ3 etc.
This is not required (and also ends up disabling certain caching within Windows). You can have a single folder. ISBoxer will use copies of the main ini files in order to keep track of separate logins/settings.

Dokky wrote:I setup each game in Inner Space by selecting the batch file that has to be run to launch the program.
InnerSpace/ISBoxer doesn't really like batch files. You should just load the game launcher/executable.

Dokky wrote:when I try to run the character set from the Inner Space menu nothing happens
Are you sure that "nothing" happens? What does the console in InnerSpace output (right click InnerSpace, select Console, then right click again, select ISBoxer Character Sets, name of your team. Watch the console window.

Dokky wrote:if i select each one from the menu and not the char set they launch. But then I get no mouse control, however I see the mouse curse.
loading a Profile for InnerSpace just means you can then run an InnerSpace script/commands to control them. Like ISBoxer is an InnerSpace script. Easiest is to launch the team under ISBoxer control from the ISBoxer Character Sets submenu.
<<

Dokky

Post Mon Sep 12, 2022 9:57 pm

bob wrote:
Dokky wrote:I have each game in its own folder for example EQ1, EQ2, EQ3 etc.
This is not required (and also ends up disabling certain caching within Windows). You can have a single folder. ISBoxer will use copies of the main ini files in order to keep track of separate logins/settings.

Moved everything into one folder. Do I need to make a "New Game" just once or for all 6 charaters?

Dokky wrote:I setup each game in Inner Space by selecting the batch file that has to be run to launch the program.
InnerSpace/ISBoxer doesn't really like batch files. You should just load the game launcher/executable.

I would but I have to run it through the batch file to run the command "start eqgame patchme" This literally whats in the bat file.

Dokky wrote:when I try to run the character set from the Inner Space menu nothing happens
Are you sure that "nothing" happens? What does the console in InnerSpace output (right click InnerSpace, select Console, then right click again, select ISBoxer Character Sets, name of your team. Watch the console window.

I get the following;
Preparing to Lauch Char Set
Settings imported
making sure characters in char set are valid
Good!
Launching Char Set all Slots
Successfully executed ".bat"
Two more lines.
Then I get Character from Set "mages" not fully launched after 3 minutes. Select again to continue launching additional slots.
instructions completed.

Dokky wrote:if i select each one from the menu and not the char set they launch. But then I get no mouse control, however I see the mouse curse.
loading a Profile for InnerSpace just means you can then run an InnerSpace script/commands to control them. Like ISBoxer is an InnerSpace script. Easiest is to launch the team under ISBoxer control from the ISBoxer Character Sets submenu.

I did this with the same results.
<<

Dokky

Post Mon Sep 12, 2022 10:12 pm

I also made sure that I can launch all 6 manually so I know they work.
<<

Dokky

Post Mon Sep 12, 2022 10:24 pm

I was playing with some compatibility options and I am getting an error " unable to link imported Dset.dll+ (-3)

not sure if that helps.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Mon Sep 12, 2022 10:57 pm

You shouldn't need any compatibility options, and they are more than likely to break things rather than fix them.

When Adding a game to InnerSpace, you can set parameters.
which if pointing to your eqgame.exe would end up doing much what your batch file is doing. Then it is just a case of making sure the characters in ISBoxer are using the applicable game profile (yes they can all use the same profile). (for existing profile characters, https://gfycat.com/PoliteQuaintHedgehog)
<<

Dokky

Post Tue Sep 13, 2022 9:22 pm

bob wrote:You shouldn't need any compatibility options, and they are more than likely to break things rather than fix them.

When Adding a game to InnerSpace, you can set parameters.
which if pointing to your eqgame.exe would end up doing much what your batch file is doing. Then it is just a case of making sure the characters in ISBoxer are using the applicable game profile (yes they can all use the same profile). (for existing profile characters, https://gfycat.com/PoliteQuaintHedgehog)

I did this as well. no change.

Return to EverQuest