FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Launcher compatibility fix not working

Moderator: MiRai

<<

kiizze

Post Sun Jun 13, 2021 6:57 pm

Launcher compatibility fix not working

I have run the patcher and it says its the right version to fix the issue with the launcher compatability issue

My first toon will load correctly with the username and password
All the other give this message
Error - the username and/or password were not valid. Please check and try again. Please note: Until now Everquest passwords could differ from all other games/services. As part of the process of moving over to the new EQ login all access has been consolidated into a single username/password
So I can't use ISboxer to multibox even though I have run the patcher that was supposed to fix this.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sun Jun 13, 2021 7:44 pm

Re: Launcher compatibility fix not working

I'm not 100% what compatibility issue you are referring to. There has not been any update recently for ISBoxer/InnerSpace due to any compatibility issues with EQ.

ISBoxer plays 0 parts in the process of the games login. It loads an executable (whether the game file directly, or a launcher for that game). It might redirect a specific config file for said specific game/launcher at this time. After that, the process of username/password authentication is all up to the game/launcher and the game login servers that are being communicated with.

The usual process is to
1. make sure the password is correct (type it in the user name box), as if your mapped key config is incorrect, then that might cause a problem (Key Maps are disabled, right ?).
2. Use notepad (or something else), and just copy/paste the password.
3. If there is a redirected config file for the game/launcher, delete the redirected file (e.g. eqclient-CHARNAME.ini) and let it be recreated on the next team launch, or do the hard yards if you don't like this option and compare a working file to a non working file (plenty of internet text compare options out there). See if there are any differences.
4. if you have multiple installs of EQ, make sure they are all updated. Or just use one.
<<

kiizze

Post Sun Jun 13, 2021 8:05 pm

Release notes for 1.16 version 6700 Everquest launcher compatibility fix was what I saw, but maybe that is old. But this problem only started yesterday when i got the message about the new Eq log in. I am not very computer savvy, just basic so I'm struggling here'

So I deleted the new keymap I made and exported, when I launched it worked ok, so I obviously did something wrong in how I set up the key map and the mapped keys
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sun Jun 13, 2021 9:36 pm

If you make new Key Maps, they are not included in the Key Map Toggle unless you update it to include them. Instructions can be found here: https://isboxer.com/wiki/Activate_Maps

Return to EverQuest