FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Game Launch - Sudden Different Behavior

Moderator: MiRai

<<

djweatherbie

Post Sun Jul 12, 2020 2:09 pm

Game Launch - Sudden Different Behavior

So, usually when I launch Everquest, the launcher comes up like it should, I select the account from the dropdown that's been saved already, hit play, and then server select comes up, and away I go. Yesterday I had a computer freeze (Windows 10 64 bit), which made me have to hard reset my power supply to get it to boot back up. Turns out the problem was my video card has for some reason just shut the fans off when under load. Video card tanked, and computer froze. I fixed this issue and now fast forward, after the resolution, I go to execute the team like usual, and instead of the server select screen, I get the traditional login screen with a statement that says my account could not be verified or my login is not valid. At this point, if I enter in my user name and password directly in this screen, then it takes me to server select. It's a head scratcher because I don't know what happened. Is there a corrupt file with Innerspace somewhere? Everything seems to work normally once I do this extra step, but now it always goes to the login screen like this. I have already re-created the team with related characters. But that didn't do anything to resolve. And as a side note, if I launch Everquest directly from the launcher, it goes to server select bypassing the logon just fine. So it can't be a game issue. I am at a loss. Anyone have any ideas?
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sun Jul 12, 2020 5:13 pm

Re: Game Launch - Sudden Different Behavior

ISBoxer and Inner Space only load the game. They don't tell it how to behave. The only items that are going to be different are the EQclient.ini and EQlsPlayerData.ini files, which under ISBoxer are usually virtualised to EQClient-CHARNAME.ini and EQLSPlayerData-CHARNAME.ini. I would look for issues with those files when compared to the standard ones (or other characters that aren't exhibiting this issue).
<<

djweatherbie

Post Sun Jul 12, 2020 7:07 pm

Re: Game Launch - Sudden Different Behavior

Yeah that's what I thought too, and I checked those files. I even re-copied those original Innerspace virtualized files back into the EQ directory. No avail. Re-Created the team as a whole. That didn't work either. Guess i'll just have to deal with it like this. Kinda sucks, but it only takes about another minute to get my toons online.

Return to EverQuest