FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Sound not working in EQ

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Hippy Slayer

Post Sun Jun 30, 2013 11:49 am

Sound not working in EQ

Not sure if this is the right spot to post this question, and I'm not really sure it's an ISBOXER problem. Anyway, recently my sound quit working in EQ. I"ve tried launching EQ with and with out ISBOXER running, both start properly, but no sounds at all.

My computer sound card is working peoperly, as I type this, I have media player playing music. EQ configuration has sound realism 100%, Music Volume, 0%, Sound volume 50%, Environment Sounds and Combat Music are unchecked. Can't find any other place that is even remotely related to sound configuration. Sound worked properly when I first started using ISBOXER, but starting yesterday (28 June) no sounds at all.

Thank you in advance
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sun Jun 30, 2013 12:19 pm

Re: Sound not working in EQ

With your game instances running... right click the Volume icon in the system tray (notification area) and select Open Volume Mixer. Then Un-Mute the game windows.

This can happen if you previously used the "Mute" option in your ISBoxer Character Set, and now are not.
<<

Hippy Slayer

Post Sun Jun 30, 2013 4:57 pm

Never would of thought to look at the mixer while the game was running. That did the trick thou, so will have to remember that. :)

Thanks
<<

grundge

Post Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:30 pm

Hi. I know old post, but I had this happen recently in EQ2.

Just like you said, I had just switched my boxer team to mute the windows that are in the background. Then I launched a normal instance of eq2 (not with innerspace, but the eq2 icon) and I had no sound at all. Lax, your advice totally worked for me.

Thanks for the help, man.

Return to EverQuest