FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

EQ wont minimize

Moderator: MiRai

<<

txcanyon

Post Sun Mar 16, 2014 12:24 am

EQ wont minimize

I am running 3 accounts. 1 on my main computer and 2 on a secondary. The main computer works fine, however I am having issues on the 2nd computer where EQ will not minimize. It does "close down" to the task but it will pop right back up and be unresponsive. The minimize button at the top right now changes to the Maximize window. This happens for both accounts.

I also have issue where i have to click a bunch of times to get a button to press on the active window. The mouseover will highlight the button, but i'll have to click it 3+ times to actually get it to activate.

Another issue is with mouselook. Half the time when i hold right click to mouselook, the screen will flip up where I am looking down on my character, and moving the mouse does nothing but make me spin around. I have to do a CTR+ALT+xx window hotkey to restore the normal mouselook function.

Has anybody else seen these issues?

OS on both computers is 8.1 Pro
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sun Mar 16, 2014 6:44 am

Re: EQ wont minimize

Minimize is blocked by your Window Layout. If you would like to be able to minimize the game windows, remove your Window Layout from your Character Set. Note that while minimized, you will not be able to control the game or see it in operation.

I also have issue where i have to click a bunch of times to get a button to press on the active window. The mouseover will highlight the button, but i'll have to click it 3+ times to actually get it to activate.

Are we talking once you're already in the game, or at the EULA/login screen? EQ uses 2 different display systems, one at the EULA/login, and one at character select and beyond. At the EULA/login screen your mouse might be mis-aligned due to the differences in these systems; it should work correctly at character select and afterward.

Another issue is with mouselook. Half the time when i hold right click to mouselook, the screen will flip up where I am looking down on my character, and moving the mouse does nothing but make me spin around. I have to do a CTR+ALT+xx window hotkey to restore the normal mouselook function.

Interesting.

I might try adjusting the Windowed Mode option in the game. If it's set to windowed, try setting it to fullscreen. If it's set to fullscreen, try setting it to windowed. You may get different behaviors in the different modes.
<<

txcanyon

Post Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:01 am

It's now doing it on my main computer. I cannot minimize the window. Like I posted earlier the window will close down to the task bar, then pop up behind another window such as a web browser, and sit there and not respond to clicks until I re "maximize" the window. I have tried deleting all regions, playing with no regions and it does the same thing. Even CTRL+ALT+1 will not pull the window back up.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:20 am

txcanyon wrote:I have tried deleting all regions, playing with no regions and it does the same thing

It's not that you need to "delete regions", you need to Remove the Window Layout from your Character Set if you want to minimize the game windows. Select your Character Set in the top left pane, look in the bottom left pane under "Window Layout" (assigned to the Character Set), and remove it. Then you will be free to do whatever you please with the game windows, including minimize.

Generally you should not have to minimize the game window while using ISBoxer; just click on the browser window you want and the game windows hide themselves and continue to work. Unless you have NO other programs running, you can switch to any program other than one of your game windows to achieve this. If you have no other programs running, then when you press Windows+D or such to show the desktop, your game window may automatically re-activate (by being selected by Windows) and kick in the Window Layout's swapping behavior again (bringing them back up).
<<

txcanyon

Post Fri Apr 11, 2014 7:30 am

That fixed it thanks.

Return to EverQuest